Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War has now launched. In the game, you’ve got to chose from for your loadout. There are a wide variety of weapons and other parts like Perks and Wildcards to think about. As in Modern Warfare or Warzone though, your weapon is really just the starting point. You can push every weapon in the game a lot further if you make the best choice of attachments. This makes building a decent loadout a little difficult though. Attachments don’t just have a benefit, a lot of them have a bit more balance going. You can’t just load your gun up with random junk, you need to look for the right cold War attachments.
If you want to get more out of your guns then a well-designed build is key. You can find these for the most popular guns, like the best XM4 loadouts, the best AK74u loadouts, or the best Krig 6 loadouts. However, sometimes you’re going to have to build a loadout yourself. Even if you’re taking tried and tested versions as a starting point, it helps to know how to change things up on the fly. Knowing which attachments are which and what they do is really important.
This guide to Cold War attachments can help you figure that out. These are all of the attachments you’ll be able to unlock in the beta and in the game. Get to know these, and you should be able to figure out which will make a good addition to your loadout and which won’t.
Black Ops Cold War Attachments Guide
These are the different slots that you have available for Cold War attachments, and what each of them is going to change in your gun.
Optic – Black Ops Cold War Attachments
The optics are the simplest ones in the cold War attachments. These just alter your view when you’re aiming. They provide a literal difference to how the game looks and are often more preference than anything else.
- Quickdot LED
- Millstop Reflex
- Kobra Reddot Sight
- Silex Holoscout
- Visiontech 2x
- Axial Arms 3x
- Royal& Kross 4x
- Iron Sights
- Microflex LED
- Diamondback Reflex
- Fastpoint Reflex
- SUSAT Multizoom
- AN/PVS-4 Thermal
- Noch Sova Thermal
- Hangman RF
- Vulture Custom Zoom
- Ultrazoom Custom
- Ottero Mini Reflex
This is where the Cold War attachments get a bit more complicated. These ones actually mess with the stats of your weapon, which can be a big positive to the way your weapon handles or a negative. Each of these cold War attachments gives you a benefit, but most also have a downside. These are those in the game at the moment.
- Sound Suppressor – This makes you have no minimap signature when you fire, but it takes off some of your effective damage range.
- Agency Suppressor – This helps with your vertical recoil as well as getting rid of your minimap signature when firing. As a balance though, this one of the Cold War attachments reduces both horizontal recoil control and your effective damage range.
- Muzzle Brake 5.56 – This reduces your vertical recoil without any downside!
- Stabilizer – This one of the Cold War attachments adds 20% for Idle Sway Control
- Duckbill Choke – Adds wider pellet spread for shotguns.
- Flashguard – Adds 90% to muzzle flash concealment.
- Flash Hider – Adds 90% to muzzle flash concealment.
- Flash Cone – 90% more muzzle flash concealment.
These are also muzzle attachments, but these ones are a bit more complicated with some more significant downsides.
- Silencer – 100% muzzle flash concealment, but also a decrease to effective damage range, and bullet velocity on some weapons.
- Suppressor – 100% Muzzle flash concealment and 15% less bullet velocity.
- Sound Moderator – 100% Muzzle flash concealment and -15% bullet velocity.
- Infantry Compensator – Adds vertical recoil control at the expense of horizontal.
- Spetsnaz Compensator – Same as the infantry compensator.
- Infantry Stabilizer – Better idle sway control and slower ADS time.
- Infantry V-Choke – adds ADS spread.
- SOCOM Elimination – Adds vertical recoil control and muzzle flash concealment at the expense of horizontal recoil control and shooting move speed.
- KGB Eliminator – Vertical recoil control is increased along with muzzle flash concealment, move speed and horizontal recoil control reduced.
- Task Force Shroud – This Cold War attachment improves muzzle flash concealment and idle sway control It also reduces move speed and ADS time.
- SOCOM Blast Mitigator – 85% Muzzle flash concealment added, shooting move speed and sprint to fire time are reduced.
- Agency Suppressor – Adds vertical recoil control and muzzle flash concealment. It also reduces effective damage range and bullet velocity.
- GRU Suppressor – Adds Muzzle flash concealment and vertical recoil control and reduces effective damage range and bullet velocity.
- Wrapper Suppressor – Muzzle flash concealment, vertical recoil control, and idle sway control reduced. ADS time and bullet velocity decrease.
- Agency Choke – This one adds muzzle flash concealment, hip fire accuracy, and ADS speed. It also reduces sprint to fire time, and effective damage range.
Much like Muzzle attachments, these ones have a bigger effect on your weapon. These are the barrel Cold War attachments:
- Extended – This doubles your muzzle velocity
- Cavalry Lancer – This one doubles your vehicle damage. A bit specialist, but has its uses as a Cold war attachment
- Rapid Fire – This increases your fire rate.
- Extended – This adds 50% to your muzzle velocity.
- Ranger – Increases bullet velocity.
- Liberator – Increases bullet velocity and decreases Aim walking movement speed.
- Reinforced Heavy – Extra effective damage range and bullet velocity, decreases sprinting move speed and aim walking movement.
- VDV Reinforced – This Cold War attachment works the same as Reinforced Heavy.
- Cortour – Adds some strafe speed and removes bullet velocity.
- Ultralight – This gives extra strafe speed.
- Task Force – Adds damage, effective damage range, and bullet velocity. This one also decreases max starting ammo, and recoil control.
- CMV MIL-Spec – Adds damage and strafe speed, decreases starting ammo and effective damage rate.
- Spetsnaz RPK Barrel – This adds damage, effective damage range, and bullet velocity. It decreases max starting ammo, vertical recoil control, and horizontal.
- Rifled – Decreases sprinting move speed and adds effective damage range.
- Titanium – Adds fire rate by 21% for some reason, and reduces effective damage range.
- Cut Down – This Cold War attachment adds shooting move speed.
- Division – Adds shooting move speed and damage. Reduces effective damage range and horizontal recoil.
- SOR Cut Down – Same as cut down.
- GRU Cut Down – Same as cut down.
- Combat Recon – Adds bullet velocity and reduces idle sway control.
- Tiger Team – Adds reload quickness, damage, fire rate, and bullet velocity. Reduces ammo capacity, starting ammo, and capacity.
- Hammer Forged – Adds fire rate and reduces sprinting move speed.
- Chrome Lines – Adds bullet velocity and reduces aim walking movement speed.
Underbarrells – Black Ops Cold War Attachments
This are the attachment that can really help you out if you’re looking to maximize your speed. These attachments are great for weapons that can really work with a run and gun play style. These are the options.
- Foregrip – This helps your horizontal recoil control.
- Red Cell Foregrip – This increases your sprint and move speed along with your melee attack speed. However, this one of the Cold War attachments also decreases your aiming speed.
- Patrol Grip – This one increases your spring move speed and cuts your sprint out speed.
- Front Grip – This Cold War attachment adds horizontal recoil control.
- Infiltrator Grip – Adds movement speed, shooting move speed, and aim walking movement speed.
- Bruiser Grip – Melee Quickness
- Field Agent Grip – Increases recoil control and decreases shooting move speed.
- Spetznaz Grip – Same as the Field Agent grip.
- Field Agent Foregrip – Same as the prior grip.
- Spetsnaz Ergonomic Grip – Another field agent grip.
- Bipod – This is the same but for snipers.
- SFOD Speedgrip – Increases move speed and recoil control. Reduces movement speed, shooting move speed, and aim walking movement speed.
- Spetsnaz Speedgrip – Increases sprinting move speed and horizontal recoil control. It reduces movement speed, shooting move speed, and aim walking movement speed.
The body section of the Cold War attachments isn’t quite as expansive as the others. However, these are the options that are available.
- Steady Aim Laser – This increases your hip fire accuracy by 21% and adds a laser sight.
- Swat 5mw Laser Sight – This is another laser but it also increases your hipfire speed at the expense of aiming speed.
- Mounted Flashlight – This adds to your reveal distance.
- SOF Target Designator – Adds 60% reveal distance
- KGB Target Designator – Same as the SOF version.
- GRU 5mv Laser Sight – Same as the Swat laser sight.
- Tiger Team Spotlight – Adds reveal distance and decreases sprint to fire time.
- Ember Sighting Point – This adds to your reveal distance and hip fire accuracy. However, this one of the Cold War attachments also decreases your sprint to fire time and ADS time.
Your stock in-game is an important decision, although this is more limited by the type of gun you’re using. These are the Cold War attachments in the stock category in the beta, we can expect more in the full release:
- Tactical Stock – This increases your aiming move speed by 10%.
- Sprint Pad – This increases your sprint out speed.
- Wire Stock – Increases your sprint to fire time.
- Marathon Stock – Addss to your sprint to fire time.
- Collapsed Stock – This adds to your sprint to fire time.
- CQB Stock – Again, adds to your sprint to fire time.
- Shotgun Stock – Adds to sprint to fire time.
- Duster Pad – Increases your slide speed.
- Duster Stock – This one also adds to your slide speed.
- Buffer Tube – This adds to your sprint to fire time.
- No Stock – This adds to your sprint to fire time too, but also decreases your hip fire accuracy.
- CQB Stock – Adds to sprint to fire time and decreases hip accuracy.
- SAS Combat stock – This increases shooting move speed and aiming walking speed It decreases hip accuracy.
- Spetsnaz PKM Stock – It adds to your shooting move speed along with aim walking movement speed. Like the last few, this Cold War attachment decreases 15%.
- Raider Pad – Again increases sprint to fire and aim walking speed, with a decrease in hip fire.
- Raider Stock – This increases sprint to fire and aim walking, decreases hip fire accuracy.
- KGB Pad – Another stock for sprint to fire and aim walking at the expense of hip accuracy.
- KGB Skeletal Stock – This is another weapon specific attachment with the same function.
Magazines are another category that can get pretty specific to the weapon that you’re using. These are all of the ones that are on offer here:
- 40 Round mag – This increases your ammo capacity, starting ammo, and magazine size.
- Fast Mag – This increases your reload speed, as the name implies
- 40 Rd Speed Mag – This increases reload speed, ammo capacity, starting ammo, and magazine size. Although this one does decrease your horizontal recoil control.
- Jungle–Style Mag – This adds to your reload speed.
- Taped Mag – Adds to your reload speed.
- Fast Loader – Adds to reload speed.
- STANAG Mag – This increases your magazine ammo capacity, your starting ammo, and ammo capacity. It reduces your reload speed and ADS speed.
- Bakelite Mag – The same as the STANAG for different weapons.
- Spetsnaz Mag – Same as the last two.
- SAS Mag Clamp – Adds to your load and max starting ammo, decreases ADS time.
- GRU Mag Clamp – Same as above.
- Vndal Speed Loader – Works as the past two for different weapons.
- Salvo Fast Mag – This increases your reload speed, mag starting ammo, full ammo capacity, reload quickness, and reduces ADS time.
- VDV Fast Mag – This works the same as the Salvo.
Handles, are where things get a bit more interesting! There aren’t many, but they’re often a must have in your loadout. These are the options:
- Speed Tape – This increases your aiming speed.
- Mike Force Rear Grip – This increases your aiming speed with a decrease in your sprint out speed.
- Dropshot Tape – Increases Flinch Resistance and lets you aim while going prone.
- Field Tape – Increases ADS Time and flinch resistance, reduces sprint to fire time.
- SASR Jungle Grip – Same as the Field Tape.
- Spetsnaz Field Grip – Increases ADS sight time and decreases sprint to fire time.
- Serpent Wrap – This Cold War attachment reduces your sprint to fire time but increases the ADS time.
- Airborne Elastic Wrap – Increases ADS sight Time, Flinch resistance, and lets you aim while going prone. It also decreases your shooting movement speed and fire to sprint speed.
- GRU Elastic Wrap – The same as the Airborne Wrap.
These are your attachment options for the game at the moment. They aren’t quite as expansive as the Warzone system, which allowed you to make some weird things. Although are still a lot of options. It is also worth noting that not all attachments are available for every weapon. Each weapon has a slightly different selection. A lot of attachments are similar in use but with a different name to fit the weapon they’re working with. Between all of these though, there are loads of combinations to make a great loadout.
Our other guides to Cold War can help you build the rest of your loadout. We also have some guides covering the best loadouts for each weapon, if you’re looking for a great set of attachments for your gun without all the experimentation: