Call of Duty Vanguard is just about to release after a lengthy period of early access for players. This new Call of Duty brings a number of dynamic changes to the game series after the last few incarnations. However, one thing is remaining constant, your loadout is vital to your performance in the game. Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks are a pretty major part of this. While they’re not as present in Warzone, they do have a big effect in the mainline Call of Duty games. You’re going to need to cater them to your loadout to perform your best.
This guide covers all of the Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks that are in the game. Each of them offers something different. You’re getting quite an interesting set of killstreaks given the setting of the game. Compared with the last two incarnations, there are a few big differences in how the killstreaks are working. This guide covers what you need to know:
Call of Duty Vanguard Killstreaks
These are all of the Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks:
- Intel (3 Killstreaks) – This gives you enemy locations when you summon it. The enemies are pinged on the minimap while this one of the Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks are active.
- Care Package (4 Kills) – The care package drops a random killstreak to you.
- Spy Plane (4 Kills) – This brings in a spy plane. This reveals the locations of every enemy player. It can be shot down, however.
- Counter Spy Plane (4 Kills) – This is another Spy Plane that counteracts one that belongs to the enemy.
- Glide Bomb (5 Kills) – The glide bomb is a bomb that you can guide towards enemies. If you manage to aim right, you can kill off any enemies you manage to hit.
- Warmachine (5 Kills) – You get a semi-automatic grenade launcher with a set amount of grenade ammo. Like Deathmachine, this keeps going through deaths until you run out of grenades.
- Mortar Barrage (5 Kills) – This one of the Call of Duty Vanguard Killstreaks is a flare canister, you throw it to mark an area on the map. Mortar fire will then cover this area.
- Deathmachine (5 Kills) – This is a machine gun that features explosive rounds. This gun is pretty powerful but it has a limited number of bullets. The gun rolls over past deaths, so it lasts as long as the bullets do.
- Guard Dogs (6 Kills) – This is a guard dog which will come to you and give you protection. You can also give them some commands like to guard a position or stay with you.
- Strafing Run (6 Kills) – Strafing Run is a Call of Duty Vanguard killstreak that brings in air support to strafe around a marked target area.
- Bombing Run (7 Kills) – This is three Allied bombers that run through the map three times, hitting areas that have a high enemy concentration.
- Emergency Airdrop (8 Kills) – This drops you three care packages that have a random killstreak. With it being random, you’re taking a gamble here.
- Flamenaut (9 Kills) – This one is a flamethrower; you get unlimited fuel and a protective suit that keep you immune from the fire. You’re going to lose this when you die though.
High Kill Call of Duty Vanguard Killstreaks
- Attack Dogs (10 Kills) – This killstreak releases a pack of docks. They target all nearby enemies for as long as they’re active.
- Firebombing Run (10 Kills) – A location gets covered in fire from above that destroys enemies and makes a wall of fire that breaks up the map for enemies. This can be used very tactically to control flow.
- Local Informants (12 Kills) – This reveals the locations and directors of all enemies on your map. This is a very powerful bit of intel.
- V2 Rocket (25 Kills Only with Guns) – This is a V2 rocket that can destroy the entire map and end the game in victory.
These are all of the Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks. Some of these are pretty similar to the killstreaks in previous games. Although, they are now changed up to make sense in the setting of the game. Some of these killstreaks stand out more than others but each of them is probably going to work well for one play style.
Champion Hill Killstreaks
Champion Hill is a unique game mode in Call of Duty Vanguard. It features a larger map, with some kind of Battle Royale like gameplay. The killstreaks in this mode seem to be independent of the rest of the game. These are the Killstreaks that are in this game:
- V2 Rocket – This one is definitely overpowered compared with the others here. This launches a rocket that wipes out the entire field for the game. This is a huge amount of power, so if you can manage to get enough kills this is definitely a risky play.
- Spy Plane – this works the same as in the main game.
- Full Armor – You get a full set of armor.
- Flamenaut – This one of the Call of duty Killstreaks is the same as the main game version
- Extra Life – This one is simple, you get an extra life.
- Deathmachine – Another one that makes the main game.
- Armor Plate– You get a piece of armor.
That’s everything you need to know about the Call of Duty Vanguard killstreaks. These are just one part of your loadout though. If you want to really excel then you’re going to need to make sure your entire loadout is well-tuned. Our other guides to the game can help you with that, and optimize your gameplay.