Fortnite’s latest Season has seen a slow and steady approach to map changes. However, one particularly intriguing element has just appeared. There’s even a weekly challenge to draw attention to it and a new NPC. A handful of Fortnite secret bunkers have appeared across the map. Compared to typical challenges, they’re a bit more of a puzzle to find. Once you do find them, they seem to raise more questions than answers. It looks like these Fortnite secret bunkers are going to end up playing a bigger role in the game, so it is good to figure out where they are for this challenge and to watch for future developments.
These spots are less exciting than the Warzone secret bunker that are on the original map, and the Rebirth Island bunker. However, they might have something in common with those spots. The Warzone bunkers started as mysteries that were inaccessible. As time went on, they became more of a draw with high-tier loot packed inside. Can we expect the Fortnite secret bunkers to progress the same way? Players will have to keep their eye on them. This guide covers what the secret bunkers are, where to find them, and how other bits of lore point towards a bigger future for them.
Fortnite Secret Bunkers Location
At the moment there are three bunker locations spread across the map. Each is in a fairly inaccessible spot, so you really have to go out of your way to get one. These are the locations marked on the map:
It isn’t quite as simple as just heading to this spot though. The Fortnite secret bunkers are actually quite well hidden. Once you head there, you’ll probably need to look around quite a lot to actually find them. This is a breakdown of how you can get inside of each of them:
- Fortnite East Secret Bunker – This one is located at the far east of the map, going down the opposite side of the mountain behind Retail Row. Head to this location and to the campsite over the ocean. Head south and you’ll find two trees with rocks between them, destroy the rocks to find the secret bunker entrance.
- Fortnite Secret Bunker in the North – The Northern secret bunker is probably the easiest to get at, but it will cause rotation problems for the early game! Land on the Unremarkable Shack and head to the base. Destroy the walls outside of the shack base to find the bunker.
- Fortnite West Secret Bunker – This bunker is on the left of the map, just past the lumber mill. Head to the bit of land that extends over the ocean, behind the lumber mill and south of the beach houses. From here, swim out to sea! Around 100 yards out you’ll find the secret bunker in the water.
What’s in the Bunkers?
That’s where you can find each of the secret bunkers. If you’re looking to get inside though, you can’t at the moment. Right now the bunkers are strangely one of the few unbreakable things on the map. You can’t get inside whatsoever. So what’s inside them? At the moment, nothing. In the future though? We might see a room come together inside. It wouldn’t be ridiculous to think the Fortnite secret bunkers will turn into something more. Fortnite has already played around with vaults and other specific locations full of high-end loot. We might have to let the game’s storyline develop a little first though.
Another challenge just added to the game is to track down an NPC called Bunker Josney. This NPC can be found around the map, but he’s clearly themed to fit in with the bunkers. Jonsey is the most iconic character in Fortnite, and a form of him has been revealed to be controlling the entire game of Fortnite in end of season events. He’s played a major role in most trailers and cinematics for Season 5. Bunker Jonsey is likely going to tie into future development for the game, and we can probably expect these secret bunkers to become something bigger too.
In the meantime, knowing the location for the Fortnite secret bunkers helps you stay on top of challenges, and be the first to find any future developments happening there. Our other guides to the latest season of Fortnite can help you work on the rest of your game for the season though:
- The Best Fortnite Settings
- Improving Your Frames per Second in Fortnite
- Fortnite Rotation Guide
- How to Build Like the Pros in Fortnite
- Fortnite Season 5 Weapons Guide