Call of Duty Warzone has flown past its first anniversary with a bigger player base than ever. The title has become pretty popular in its short time around, pulling in some of the best players and a lot of attention. On top of that, an upcoming event is looking like the biggest change yet for the game. Since its launch, there have been various secrets like the bunkers hidden around that tease something bigger taking place. This all stepped up with the most recent Season. We’re now getting very close, and have a firm idea of when the Warzone nuke event is going to be taking place.
Various leaks and rumours have circulated for some time about the Warzone nuke event. At first some theorized that the bomb shelters were there to protect from one insane killstreak. However, various clues in Season 2 alongside the weapon silos that have appeared point towards something different. It now looks like a nuke will be going off, and it’ll bring a whole new map to Warzone. This is what we know about the upcoming event, and the changes it is going to make to the game:
What is the Warzone Nuke Event?
The Warzone nuke event is a long-rumoured and anticipated in-game event that will see some nuclear weapons finally launch on Verdansk. It has been building to this for a while. Between bombs appearing in bunkers, the missile Silos, and the teasers, it has felt inevitable. Even since then, prominent Call of Duty figures have been receiving teasers about the event and how it ties into the Warzone zombies.
At the moment, it looks like the zombies are going to entirely overrun Verdansk by the season’s end. Once they reach the dam, drastic action has to be taken to control them. It looks like this is going to mean nuking Verdansk to wipe them out. We can gather this from some leaked audio that has been found from the event.
Teasers released so far point to an event that sees zombies completely overrunning things, causing drastic action to be taken. What happens after that is unknown, but there are some important reasons to think we might be getting a new map.
When is the Warzone Nuke Event?
The Warzone nuke event doesn’t have an official release date, but one announcement and countdown from official Call of Duty sources makes it pretty clear when it is going to be held. It is probably going to be on April 21st. The time looks to be 12 PM PST, 3 PM EST, and 8 PM BST. While it hasn;t been confirmed that this countdown is for this specific event, it is extremely unlikely to be anything else.
Will This Bring a New Map?
At the moment, it looks pretty likely that we’ll be getting what is essentially a new map after this event. Verdansk is going to be pretty messed up after all of this. It might still be Verdansk, but after so much destruction it is going to be seriously reshaped. It is also possible that the action shifts to somewhere else for the new season after the Warzone nuke event. A number of leaks point towards Verdansk turning into a 80s era map.
Although, even if the event does bring a new map there will likely be some time after the event before next Season begins. Hopefully the game remains active, and a Fortnite black hole style downtime isn’t in the works following the bomb dropping. Although, there might be a wait after the Warzone nuke event.
Other Call of Duty Guides
If you’re looking to make the most of Verdansk’s last few days in the game, then our guides to Call of Duty Warzone can help make sure you’re playing your best:
- Best Warzone Landing Spots in Season 2 – This covers the best spots to drop in the new map of Warzone. You need to cater this to how you like to play, land at POIs which are going to let you loot without throwing you into the deep end if you’re still learning.
- Loadouts – Getting your loadout in Warzone is a vital part of the game. These are some recommendations for which loadout to build. You could also check out the specific guides for weapon loadouts, like the best LC10 loadout and the best FARA loadout.
- Warzone Weapons – If you’re not even sure which weapons to start with, then this guide can help you out.
- The Best Warzone Settings – Optimizing your settings is a key step to getting the game running as well as possible, along with getting the best FPS possible.
- How to Find the Perfect Sensitivity – Sensitivity is different for every player, this is how you can find the perfect one for you.