Escape from Tarkov is the latest game to become huge overnight because of streamers. Just about every stream seems to be covering it at the moment, which has brought a lot of new players on board. The game is a really realistic take on the shooter genre, with realistic gunplay and even a dynamic system for damage. With this sophistication though, comes a high barrier to entry. New players have a lot to adjust to when they start playing, this game doesn’t handle like your typical Battle Royale or shooter. This Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks will cover all of the basics that you need to know.
Games don’t always hand you the information you need to get started. Escape from Tarkov hands you very little information in the game itself. It is this realistic approach that makes it so popular, but it can leave new players a little confused. These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks should help you get up to speed so you can jump straight into the game.
Escape from Tarkov Beginner Tips and Tricks – Controls and Interface
The controls and interface of Escape from Tarkov can be a bit confusing at first, but everything is actually laid out in a pretty ergonomic way. These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks cover the little features that you should use to make the most out of your inventory and controls.
- Loot Fast – CTRL and Left lets you loot things automatically to certain points in your inventory. This means you spend less time laying out your inventory and can loot quite a bit quicker. This makes it easier to loot up after an encounter.
- Examine quickly – The middle mouse button can be used quickly to examine unknown items. This saves you valuable time during games.
- Binds – Make sure you’re using the binds and controls that you need. Binds are important to give you easier movement and control in the game. These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks can’t cover the key binds that other players use, but it is worth checking some out.
- Fire Mode – Whenever you’re starting with a new gun, make sure you check your fire mode. If you don’t, you can end up firing incorrectly.
- Grenade Priority – You can move your grenades around in your inventory to set a priority for which one you use.
- Jackets – The jackets have spawn keys, make sure you remember to check them every time.
- Use the Right Settings – Using the best settings is really important.
- Strip Guns – When you’re selling off guns, strip them. Remove everything from the gun to sell separately to get the best price.
Escape from Tarkov Beginner Tips and Tricks – Gameplay
Escape from Tarkov’s gameplay can be a bit daunting to brand new players. You don’t get the same sort of help that you normally do in a shooter, but this is where the fun lies. These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks will help you make the most of each game, right from first installing the game.
- BHop – This is a slightly boosted jump. You can sprint and jump to get a bit of a boost when running, you have to get the timing right for it to work through.
- Suppressor – Suppression is absolutely vital in the realistic gunplay of Escape from Tarkov. This applies both to sound, but also visuals. A suppressor can cut down on the smoke that emerges from a weapon. This helps you stay undercover, but also to see where you’re actually shooting!
- Headsets – These amplify the sound and help you hear footsteps. This will make it really easy to track down and take out enemies on the map. Stay aware that your own movements are likely being echoed by other players’ headsets.
- Insurance – This is really important to take out if you want to hold onto your stuff after raids.
- Flea Market – This can often be cheaper than going straight to traders. It can also help you bypass having to complete objectives to unlock new trading options, this is really helpful for newer players.
- Look Things up – There is a lot of difference between various attachments, look things up if you’re not clear. There is too much content to go through everything with trial and error!
Escape from Tarkov Beginner Tips and Tricks – Maps and Combat
These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks can help you find your way around the map and combat systems in the game.
- Get to know the Maps – The Maps in Tarkov are big and kind of complicated. At first, keep the maps to hand to glance it to work around the lack of UI that you normally have. Having a map or the game map at hand can help ease you into gameplay. This Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks can help you make the gameplay a bit more familiar.
- Beginners Focus on One Map – Focusing on one map at first helps you get to know the game before it gets too complicated for you.
- Grenades Timers – Different grenades have different delays and timings, remember this so you don’t throw too early or late.
- Painkillers – These are absolutely vital in terms of healing. There are many different healing options, but you always need these to arrive to keep you safe.
- Scav Runs – These are very valuable to new players. You can grind up more money pretty easily with these games.
- Stashes – You can find the locations of stashes online. Looking these up can save you some time searching things out.
- Visors – Visors are different for different helmets, these will give you a different view.
- Time – There is a time on different maps. These should tell you if you’re playing in day or night mode. Some maps like Factory don’t have a rolling time.
Practice and Quests
- Play with Bots – Playing with bots by enabling offline mode can give you some space to get a feel for the game’s Gunplay.
- Play Count – You can see how many players are active in a game by looking at the screen selection. Make sure to check this to make sure you know what your competition is going to be.
- Quests – Completing the quests are going to give you trader options and make you experience most of the game. This is a fun way to explore everything in the game.
Escape from Takrov is a really unique game but it is one that new players will need to take some time getting to know. These Escape from Tarkov beginner tips and tricks should make this process a bit easier for you, and give you the basic skills you need to survive.