Call of Duty Modern Warfare is the biggest game in the franchise yet. You have a wide array of game modes to play in, including a Battle Royale coming soon. In these modes, you’ve got to deal with the huge create-a-class system, gunsmith, perks, killstreaks, and everything in your loadout. Essentially, you’ve got a lot of work to do to make sure you’re playing the game as well as you can do. Outside of this loadout, your performance in-game depends on your skill. However, there are other factors that can sway things. You need to be running the best Call of Duty Modern Warfare settings for 2020 too if you want to get ahead.
Perfecting your loadout and knowing maps inside out is going to be wasted if your PC isn’t running the game properly. When cranked up to the max, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare looks fantastic with ray-tracing and other effects. This makes for a very pretty game, but one that runs at a poor frame rate unless your PC is absolutely top of the range. This gives players with a really good set-up a bit of an advantage since a better FPS gives you quicker reaction times and makes it easier to aim. If you want to run the game optimally for performance rather than visuals, you’ve got to use the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings.
These settings are set up to give you the best performance out of the game, rather than the best appearance. When it comes to shooters, frames per second is much more important than nice textures. This is particularly the case with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
The Best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Settings – General Settings
When you head into your settings to optimize the game, you should start with your general settings. These include keyboard controls which are up to personal preference. You could also look up the keybinds of professional players and see what they recommend.
Sensitivities are also worth going over in detail. The sensitivity that is right for you is a lot more personal than other settings. Work out which feels best for you and stick to that to build muscle memory. A good rule of thumb is to have a low ADS sensitivity though. This allows for more exact movements with your aim and precise aim. Otherwise, these are the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings.
Keyboard and Mouse – The Best Call of Duty Modern Warfare Settings 2020
- Mouse Sensitivity – This is better off low. This allows you to use more of a mouse pad for movement. However, if you have a smaller mouse pad then putting this higher will be more beneficial for using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings.
- ADS Mouse Sensitivity – The legacy setting is the best choice for you if you’re coming from other Call of Duty games since it mimics performance in previous titles. Otherwise, you need to set this to lower than your normal sensitivity. This should be the lowest sensitivity that still allows you to make proper movements.
- Inverse Mouse Look – Off.
- Mouse Acceleration, Filtering, and Smoothing – Off.
The general settings can still be adapted to make sure you’re running the best Call of Duty settings. These will make interaction with the game easier and streamline your process.
- Slide Behaviour – Tap.
- Crouch Behaviour – Toggle.
- Prone Behaviour – Toggle.
- Automatic Airborne Missile – Enabled.
- Sprint/ Tactical Behaviour – Hold.
- Weapons and Equipment
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch – Enabled
- Switch Weapon Minimum Delay – Low, around 60 is good but it won’t have too big of an impact on the delay. It doesn’t affect your switch speed like perks, but the delay in sending the signal to the game from you switching. This isn’t going to be as game-changing as the name implies, and doesn’t make it instant. However, it is helpful as part of the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings.
- Weapon Switch Wrap Around – Enables.
- Weapon Mount Exit Delay – Around 100.
- Equipment Behaviour – Hold.
The Best Call of Duty Modern Warfare Settings – Video
- FOV – The highest possible before your PC screen looks distorted. This widens the image that you can see. Some players will insist high is always better. However, it can cause a weird fish-eye effect if you put it up too high.
- ADS Field of View – Affected.
- Brightness – A bit brighter than standard since Call of Duty is kind of of a dark game, it will help with your visibility.
- HUD Bounds – Lower these down to reduce the mess around your screen.
The Best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Settings – Video Settings
This section is one of the most important. This is where you decide how your game will look. When you’re looking for the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings, that means making sure your game is running at the best frames per second it can. This might not look the fanciest, but it gives you better performance. Turning down visual quality is going to be a big improvement on how your game runs.
- Display – Fullscreen
- Render Resolution – 100. The game will upscale if you put this higher so it doesn’t particularly help your performance.
- Aspect Ratio – Automatic or the aspect ratio of your display.
- V-Sync – Disabled. This is a key part of the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings. This syncs your frame rate to your monitor, which will unnecessarily make it dip.
- Framerate Limit – Crank up the custom frame rate as high as you can manage. This is better than unlimited as it helps you achieve a stable frame rate.
Details and Textures
- Texture Resolution – Low. You don’t need high-quality textures and it is taxing on your PC.
- Texture Filter Anisotropic – Low. This is just a filter.
- Particle Quality – Low. This has no bearing on the game.
- Bullet Impacts – Disabled. This is a pretty detail, but not helpful for playing better.
- Tessellation – Near
Shadow and Lighting
Shadows are complete CPU hogs. Having these ones set to the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings will make a big difference to your game. It will reduce the drain on your PC and give you a much better frame rate, and with these minor settings, it doesn’t even really affect your visual fidelity all that much.
- Shadow Map Resolution – Low
- Cache Spot Shadows – Disabled
- Cache Sun Shadows – Disabled
- Particle Lighting – Normal
- DirectX RayTracing – Disabled
- Ambient Occlusion – This doesn’t matter too much.
- Screen Space Reflection (SSR) – Low
Post Processing Effects
This is a particularly bad section. Call of Duty Modern Warfare has filters to make the game look more filmic. This is nice and everything, but a complete waste of your computer’s power. This hogs your CPU, slow down your game, and even make it harder to actually see! Essentially, these filters put you at a massive disadvantage and if you want to use the best Call of Duty Modern Warfare settings you’ve got to turn them off.
- Anti-Aliasing – The second lowest setting. This helps free up processing power without impacting your game too much.
- Depth OF Field – Disabled. This blurs things further away, which makes it harder for you to see.
- Filmic Strength – Not too important so it will depend on your preference. However, this will hinder your visibility set to higher.
- World Motion Blur – Disabled
- Weapon Motion Blur – Disabled. Blurs do nothing but blur your vision, which is a handicap most players should avoid.
- Film Grain – Turn this off. This is an odd feature that gives the game a more unique look compared to other Battle Royales or other shooters, but it is unnecessary and just makes it harder to see things.
Best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Settings – Audio Settings
These settings are largely down to personal preference and they won’t affect your gameplay too much. Turning the music volume down is usually a good move though. This is largely a distraction and the default mix in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has particularly loud music.
With the music turned down and the emphasize put on in-game sounds, you have more visual clues as to the location and actions of other players. This is a big help for people, a properly trained ear can be as effective as a radar.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare gives players a lot of control over their interface with the game. Using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings is going to give you the best performance in the game. While it can be visually stunning with its settings maxed out, only a small minority of computers can manager to run this with a good frame rate. Using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings is going to give you the best frame rate so you can be more responsive when playing the game.
Our other call of duty: Modern Warfare guides will be helpful for you to make the most of your newly high-performing game.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 2
- Season 2 Battle Pass
- Modern Warfare Tips and Tricks
- The Best Call of Duty Weapons
- Modern Warfare Pro Settings
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide small compensation to Best Gaming Settings.