The first big update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has just been released and it has addressed some key balancing problems with the game. Some weapons have been adjusted in a big way to balance things that haven’t been working right since launch. However, there are also some quality of life improvements. These are a welcome update. Coming so soon after release, this update is a good sign for Modern Warfare’s health as an ongoing shooter. This batch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes should explain anything you need to know how gameplay is going to differ.
All the minor changes aside though, the biggest thing Is probably the new maps. This soon after launch, Modern Warfare has already had a few updates to its game modes. These should help rebalance the different modes with had a bad habit of locking Snipers out of the Acton too often. These are all of the major changes in the latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch.
General Changes from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch
- New Maps – Krovnik Farmland has been added to Ground war and Shoot House is now in Multiplayer.
- Audio Changes – Footsteps are now more audible and dialogue has been cut down.
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint – The Speed of this has been restored. It is now at the same level as in the Beta.
- Bug Fixes
- Recoil – While this has been increased while mounting, it isn’t by a lot.
- XP – A lot of XP fixes should make leveling up easier. However, you’ll still need a fair amount to unlock everything in Gunsmith.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes – Weapons
The latest Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes include a lot of changes to weapons. These have fixed some overpowered weapons. You should be aware of this in case any of your loadouts were based around these powerful weapons.
- 725 Shotgun – The ADS and hip spread has been increased. The damage range has also been reduced. This Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch will stop you from using the Shotgun sniper loadout.
- M4A1 – Damage Range has been reduced and recoil increased. However, this is still the most effective Assault Rifle.
- Assault Rifles – All Assualt Rifles have had their gip spread reduced up close and their long-range damage decreased slightly. However, this isn’t a major change.
- SMGs – Move speed has increased as well as ADS move speed.
- UZI – Damage Range is increased.
- MG34 – Hip spread has been increased, damage range has been reduced, and small ADS has been slowed down.
- MP91 – Hip spread has been increased and small damage range reduction.
- PKM – This weapon has had its hip fire spread increasing. Medium damage range has also been reduced.
- Pistols – Move speed has been increased and damage range increased.
There have been a few other general changes in the Call of Duty: Modern warfare patch.
- Call of Duty League – Rulesets have been updates for competitive modes.
- Bug Fixes – There has been some major bug fixes to the Cyber Attack and Ground War modes that should make them more stable.
These are all of the major changes in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch. The weapon changes should do their bit to increase balance. The best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare weapons have pretty much all been addressed. However, they are still head and shoulders above the rest. If you’\re still getting to grips with the game, you should make sure you’re using the right Call of Duty settings to continue getting the best performance out of the game!