Escape from Tarkov is a pretty big game with a lot of different maps. You can play in a mall, or a secret black site lab, even a forest. However, there is one spot in the game which is a bit safer! This Escape from Tarkov Hideout guide covers the space you get to heal and keep things in order. The Hideout is an area where you can generate currency and heal up. It is a unique space. While playing here isn’t quite as fun as going on raids, you need to have it in working order. Getting a decent Hideout running is going to make the rest of your game significantly easier.
Initially, your hideout is going to be looking pretty run down. The aim here is to gradually improve the place. It isn’t just cosmetics either. Upgrading your Escape from Tarkov hideout is going to make things easier when playing through the game. This Escape from Tarkov Hideout guide covers all of the modules and features you can install in your hideout, so you know what to prioritize to help get your game running better. If you choose the right modules to modify at each time, you can make sure the progress that you make is quick.
To get to the Hideout, it is a unique button on the menu. You get a top-down view where you can move around and select things. You can also access modules by entering and moving around, but this is basically just a slower way of doing things. These are the modules that are available at the minute.
Escape from Tarkov Hideout Guide
Air Filtering Unit
This is an air filter for your hideout. It gives you a leveling boost of 40%. To unlock this, you’re going to need $10,000, have a Level 3 Generator, Level 3 Vents, and Skier LL3. After this, it takes 48 hours to build. There is currently only one level in the game and it gives a 40% boost to your physical skills.
This is one of the more complicated modules that you can build definitely worth it. You’ll need a lot of high-level loot to really access the good tiers of this module. You should try and spend some time getting what you need to upgrade this part of your Escape from Tarkov Hideout module, it will come in handy. The module farms bitcoins and produces more depending on the level that you’re on. They produce Bitcoins as long as you have a graphics card installed and you remember to collect the Bitcoins. These are the levels:
- Level 1 – Requires 10 CPU fans, 5 power supply units, 5 power cords, electric drill, intelligence center level 2 and 24 hours to build. This is your entry-level Bitcoin Farm.
- Level 2 – Requires 15 CPU fans, 5 power supply units, 5 printed circuit boards, 2 phase control Relays, a Level 3 generator, and takes 36 hours to build.
- Level 3 – This requires 25 CPU fans, 10 silicone tubes, electric motor, 2 pressure gauges, level 1 Solar power, level 3 water collector, and it takes 72 hours to construct.
This is a particularly specific module. It can be a useful part of your Escape from Tarkov hideout, but you probably don’t need to rush into building it unless you really have too. It produced Fierce Hatchling Moonshine, and that is all it can do. Good for few purposes. It only comes in 1 level, which requires 4 silicone tubes, 2 analogy Thermometers, 2 pressure gauges, 5 corrugated hose, level 3 water collector, and a level 3 nutrition unit to build. It takes 48 hours in all to construct.
This adds fuel slots and it is required to build or run the majority of other modules. If you want to get your Escape from Tarkov Hideout functioning well with the better modules, you’ll need to invest in your generator too. These are the tiers available
- Level 1 – This costs 100,000 Roubles to build and constructs instantly.
- Level 2 – This requires 5 phase control relays, 1 electric motor, 15 wires, Level 2 security module, and level 2 vents to construct. This one takes 5 hours to build.
- Level 3 – This needs 6 phase control relays, 2 electric motors, 5 spark plugs, 5 power supply units, a level 3 Security module, level 3 vents, and mechanic LL3. It takes 16 hours to build.
Heating is a pretty basic requirement for sustaining human life and things aren’t any different in Tarkov. The main function of heating is energy regeneration. These boosts are really helpful for you. The base-level heating module increases your rate by 2 EP per hour, the second increases by 5 from the base module, and the level 3 increases by another 7 and adds a negative effects removal rate of 50%. Once you hit level 3, you can heal up pretty quickly. These are the requirements for building the tiers.
- Level 1 – 25,000 Roubles and constructs instantly.
- Level 2 – This costs 50,000 Roubles and you need Level 1 Endurance. It constructs in 2 hours.
- Level 3 – This requires 8 radiator helix, 8 wires, a level 2 generator, a level 2 workbench, and a level 2 ragman to be built. It takes 8 hours to build too.
Illumination is really just a fancy way of saying ‘lights’. Yeah, you’ll need these to see. These light up your physical Escape from Tarkov Hideout. They aren’t essential aside from where they’re requirements or if you like to wander around the hideout. These are the tiers.
- Level 1 – You need 10,000 Roubles and this constructs instantly. It lights your hideout with candles.
- Level 2 – This needs 14 light bulbs, 5 wires, and a generator. It lights your hideout with some normal lights.
- Level 3 – This takes 50,000 Roubles, 7 capacitors, a level 2 generator and a level 2 mechanic. It adds fluorescent lights to your Escape from Tarkov Hideout and takes 6 hours to build.
This is one of the more interesting Escape from Tarkov Hideout modules. It has quite a range of effects. The base-level reduces your Scav Cooldown timer by 15% and increases your Quest Money Reward Boost by 5%. The second tier does all of that and increases your Quest money reward boost by another 10%, your insurance return time by 20% and produces Secure Flash drives. The last tier does all of that, adds an extra 20% to scav cooldown and 30% taken from your Flea Market commission. Maxed out all the way, this module is going to make it much easier to play the game faster and more effectively. This is how you build each tier.
- Level 1 – You need a folder with intelligence, level 2 security, and level 2 vents. It constructs instantly.
- Level 2 – This needs 3 folders with intelligence, 3 secure flash drives, 4 power cords, 4 damaged hard drives, level 3 security, level 3 medstation, level 3 nutritional unit, mechanic LL2, and level 3 attention. Once you’ve got all this it takes 6 hours to build.
- Level 3 – This needs 2 Military COFDM Wireless Signal Transmitters, 2 VPX Flash Storage Modules, 3 Gas Analysers, 4 Military Cables, a Level 3 Generator, and Prapor LL3. It also takes 24 hours to build.
This element of the Escape from Tarkov hideout should really speak for itself. However, it actually has some useful functions in-game. It produced items, and different ones depending on the level. Level 1 produces toilet paper and air filters for gas masks. Level 2 produces Schaman shampoo, Ox bleach, expeditionary fuel tanks, Magazine cases, corrugated hose, and WD-40, along with everything from level 1. The last level produces all of that alongside clin wipers and FP-100 filter absorber. This is how you build each level:
- Level 1 – The requirements are 2,000 roubles, it builds instantly.
- Level 2 – The requirements are 3 corrugated hoses, 5 screws, 1 electric drill, and level 1 water collector. This level takes 3 hours to build.
- Level 3 – The last level needs 6 corrigates hoses, 2 pressure gauges, 1 set of tolls, 3 xenomorph sealing foams, and a level 2 water collector. This one takes 7 hours to build.
The library is another Escape from Tarkov Hideout module. This one is pretty simple at the moment. It grants you a 15% EXP, and a 30% to practical skill leveling. To build it, you need 400,000 roubles, a level 8 memory skill, and a level 3 rest space. It will take 38 hours to be constructed. This isn’t one that you need to rush out to build since it depends on other things being highly leveled, but it is a helpful mid-game addition.
The medstation is one of the absolutely vital Escape from Tarkov Hideout modules. This one produces first aid equipment. This might not sound like much, but it can really help you out when it comes to healing. This one will cut your healing bill down significantly. The level 1 station produces Salewa first aid kits and AL-2 medkits, it also increases your health regeneration rate by 27HP per hour. Level 2 produces IFAK personal tactical first aid kits, piles of meds, and increases your regeneration by an extra 55HP. The final tier increases your regeneration rate by another 92Hp (174 in total) and also produces propital and Grizzly First Aid Kits. It isn’t easy to fully upgrade the medstation, but this is a worthwhile investment. This is what you’ll need:
- Level 1 – 25,000 Roubles. That’s all you need and it builds instantly.
- Level 2 – 50,000 Roubles are needed along with a medical blood set, 3 saline solutions, a Therapist LL2, and Level 2 health. This builds in 3 hours.
- Level 3 – 150,000 roubles, 5 saline solutions, 1 LEDX Skin Transilluminator, a Therapist ll3, Skier LL2, and Vitality Level 3 are all needed, it also takes 12 hours to build.
This is another unit that deals with energy and health restoration. Like the others, it is pretty helpful to have. If you can max this out alongside your other modules, you can really start to stack up regenerative effects.
Level 1 Nutritional units regenerate your energy by an extra 8 EP per hour, they also produce Iskra lunch boxes. A level 2 nutrition unit does this and increases energy regeneration by another 6EP, health regeneration by 32 HP, and makes Wilston cigarettes, Condensed milk, slickers bars, and packs of sugar. The highest tier of nutrition unit you can get in your Escape from Tarkov Hideout is level 3. This does all of that but adds an extra 24EP per hour to your energy along with 12 WP per hour for your hydration regeneration. It also produces bottles of vodka Tarkovskaya, and water bottle with filter aquamari. This is what you need to build them:
- Level 1 – You need 25,000 Roubles, 2 Phase control relays, a level 1 generator and it is constructed instantly.
- Level 2 – This needs 4 wrenches, 2 corrugated hoses, 2 heat-exchange alkali surface washers, a phase control relay, and a Level 2 lavatory. This builds in 4 hours.
- Level 3 – 125,000 roubles, 3 coffee majaiza, 3 sodium bicarbonate, a level 2 generator, a level 3 lavatory, a level 2 stash, and a level 3 metabolism. This builds in 14 hours.
The rest space is another fairly self-explanatory installation. This one also helps your regeneration rates. However, to get it up to even the second tier you’ll need a well-developed Escape from Tarkov hideout. With this in mind, it isn’t the best module to try and get leveled up first. The first tier of this adds 10% to your negative effects removal rate, the second tier adds 3EP per hour to energy regeneration rate and 23 hP per hour to your health regeneration rate. The final tier gives you this and an additional 46 HP an hour along with 10 points towards your maximum energy reserve. This is what you need to build it:
- Level 1 – 10,000 Roubles. It builds instantly.
- Level 2 – This needs 35,000 Roubles, and a level 2 generator, heating, and ragman. It will take 2 hours to build.
- Level 3 – You need 3,000 dollars, 4 powercords, 5 capacitors, 7 wires, a level 3 generator and heating, along with Skier LL3. It also takes 10 hours to build.
This is a bit of a weird module. Scavs will attempt to find various items for you. However, you will have to pay them to do so. There is only one tier of scav case at the moment but multiple options for how you can send them out to find things. These are your options:
- 100 Roubles – It takes 58m.
- 6000 Roubles – They will return in 2h and 8m.
- 70,000 – This takes 25h and 15m.
- Fierce Hatchling Moonshine – 4h and 4m to find this specific item.
- Folder with Intelligence – They will take 5h and 40m to find it.
The Scav Case pretty much just works like that. To build it though, you need 2 bronze lions, 2 gold skull rings, 6 golden neck chains, 3 roler submariner gold wristwatches, and a level 2 intelligence center.
Since Escape from Tarkov has an extension offline mode to practice in, this isn’t all that important. However, if you want a quick and easy way to test out your guns you could get some use from a Shooting Range. There is only one tier and it takes an hour to build, it requires these items though:
- 4 packs of nails
- 5 screw nuts
- 5 bolts
- 3 duct tape
- Level 2 illumination
Solar power is another unique Escape from Tarkov Hideout module. This one also has one tier and it reduces your fuel consumption by 50%. This can be helpful as you progress further through in the game. This is what you need to build one in 62 hours:
- 15,000 Euros
- 4 military cables
- 2 phased array elements
- 4 military power filters
- Level 3 generator
- Level 3 workbench
- Peacekeeper LL4
Vents are pretty much entirely cosmetic. Well, they don’t actually do anything helpful but you do need them to upgrade other elements of your Escape from Tarkov hideout. This is what you need to upgrade them.
- Level 1 – 25,000 Roubles. This also builds instantly.
- Level 2 – An electric motor and a car battery. This builds in 3 hours.
- Level 3 – 2 electric motors, 8 wires, 3 printed circuit boards, 3 car batteries, a level 2 generator, and a level 3 strength. Level 3 Vents take 10 hours to build.
Water collector is pretty specialist, but running out of hydration can become a problem if you neglect it. This is a fairly simple one to upgrade, so it is worthwhile maxing it out eventually. Level 1 increases your water hydration rate by 6 WP per hour, level 2 adds another 12 to that, and level 3 adds 24 along with Purified water.
The Workbench is one of the most complicated Escape from Tarkov hideout modules, and one of the most useful. You can use it to craft things. However, being this helpful also makes it difficult to upgrade. Different tiers of Workbench can build different things.
- Level 1 – This can build weapon customizations, 9×18 PM mm RG028 gzh, 12/70 8.5 mm “Magnum” Buckshot, Wires, Capacitors, Gunpowder “Hark”, Gunpowder “Kite”, Weapon parts, Printed circuit boards, Power cords, and Broken LCD.
- Level 2 – This can produce 7.62x54R SNB, 5.45×39 mm PP, 9×39 mm SP-6, AK-74M 5.45×39 assault rifle, Gunpowder Hawk and Eagle, car batteries, rechargeable batteries, and electric motors. It can also build everything that the previous tier can.
- Level 3 – Along with everything that the others can build, the level 3 can produce 5.56×45 mm Warmage, RGC-5 hand grenade, 7.62×39 mm BP, 9×19 mm RIP, 5.45×39 mm 7N39 “Igolnik”, 7.62×51 mm M61, 12/70 AP-20 Slug, and 5.56×45 mm M995.
Upgrading your Escape from Tarkov Hideout
Your Escape from Tarkov hideout can become an area that lets you recharge much quicker than normal, pick up some easy healing items, try out weapons and even generate currency. However, this all requires work and resources. You should largely focus on regeneration modules and the Bitcoin farm at first. This allows you to do more raids to get more currency and to generate currency itself. All of this will feed into getting the other modules. This saves a lot of time in building your Escape from Tarkov Hideout rather than trying to build everything in order.