Escape from Tarkov is a pretty big game, which is why it’s still grabbing the attention of streamers despite big events in Fortnite and new content in PUBG and Apex Legends. The game is really in-depth. This is especially impressive given that it is still in early access. One of the more neglected areas of the game is the skills system. This allows you to develop skills to help you out in gameplay, and make an addition to your loadout or help you loot better. The skills in Escape from Tarkov can get a bit complicated, but they’re easily divided into a few categories. Physical sills are those that buff your ability to survive and move around. This Escape from Tarkov physical skills guide covers all of those, how to improve them, and how to maximize gaining skills XP for each.
While the skills section can make it feel like you’re playing an RPG, the effects of each on your performance can be really helpful. If you can max out your skills, you’ll get quite a few buffs compared with competing without any skills developed. This Escape from Tarkov Physical skills guide covers all of those in the game at the moment, and which ones give which boosts.
Escape from Tarkov Physical Skills Guide
Endurance is an Escape from Tarkov physical skill that allows you to develop your ability to move and survive. Specifically, this one is tied to stamina and exhaustion. Through developing this skill, you can increase your recovery time. This is alone with the amount of stamina you have before you become exhausted. This helps with running and jumping, along with restoring your own health.
These are the effects of developing this Escape from Tarkov Physical skill:
- Increase stamina by 150% at elite level.
- Decrease jump stamina drain (-50% at elite level).
- Increase breathing time with 250% at elite level.
- Decrease breath recovery time with 500% at elite level.
With those effects maxed out, your ability to move around without resting is significantly increased. Compared to base stats, this is a massive change for your performance. To actually improve your physical skills, the trick is to travel distances while sprint. This can be accomplished just through normal play, or by grinding. To maximize it, playing on bigger maps will give you more opportunities for sprinting than small maps.
Health is the second one of the Escape from Tarkov physical skills. This deals with the recovery of your health following raids, but also your hydration and energy. These are the factors that limit how much you can play, which is a bit of a hassle. This makes it a great Escape from Tarkov physical skill to level up. These are the effects:
- Chance of fracture decreased, up to 60% at elite level.
- Offline regeneration increased.
- Energy consumption decreased, by 30% at elite level.
- Dehydration rate decreased, up to 30% at elite level.
- Damage absorption and poison immunity also come at elite level.
You can earn XP for this skill in two ways. Extra XP for this skill is awarded by gaining XP for strength, endurance, and vitality. You also receive 200 health skill points from the quest ‘An Apple a day…’. Obviously the quest isn’t the best way to reach elite level. This one can be achieved more easily by grinding the related skills.
This Escape from Tarkov physical skill effects the way your body processes food and drink. This can have the benefit of making you more resilient and reducing your dependence on healing items in-game. These are the effects you can get from leveling up this skill:
- Food and drink’s positive effects increase.
- Energy consumption and dehydration rate decreases.
- The rate that you forget skills decreases.
- At elite level, you have no chance of dehydration and exhaustion effects and physical skills can no longer be forgotten.
The only way to improve your metabolism skills is to replenish your energy and hydration through provisions. On top of this narrow criteria, you have to do this during raids! The best way to do this is to spend a chunk of money on provisions and essentially stand in a raid taking minor damage and consuming them.
Strength is one of the most self-explanatory Escape from Tarkov physical skills. It affects how high you can jump, your melee attacks, and what you can carry. This all has a great effect on your performance in raids. At the elite level, you even get a big boost to your ability to carry weight which can be a big bonus when you’re trying to grind some cash out of loot. These are the effects of this skill.
- Your carrying weight increases, this gets to 50% at elite level.
- Sprint speed increases, this reaches 75% at elite level.
- Your jump height increases, this only gets to 18% more at elite level though.
- Throw distance increases up to 25% at elite level. However, this isn’t that much of a change.
- Melee strike power increased, it gets up to 30% more at elite level.
- At elite level, only backpack weight on you is counted.
You can raise this one of the Escape from Tarkov Physical skills by using throwable weapons and melee weapons. You can also Increase it by carrying more than 90% of your carry weight and walking around.
Vitality is the ability to recover from and survive a gunshot wound. It deals with instant death and the loss of blood. With Escape from Tarkov’s complex health and healing system, this can be really important. Along with the health section, this Escape from Tarkov physical skill can really help your survival in raids. These are the effects:
- Chance of bleeding decreased, up to 60% at elite level
- Chance of dying or losing a limb increases up to 20% at elite level.
- Health regeneration in battle increases.
- All bleeding will stop after a few seconds on its own at elite level.
The elite level rewards for this one are really quite good. Unfortunately, the only way to raise it is kind of a hassle. You get XP here by taking damage and suffering bloodless. There isn’t a fantastic method for grinding this one of the Escape from Tarkov physical skills.
Everyone gets stressed, even players in Escape from Tarkov. This is a strange skill, but one that goes even further to reducing the effects of pain in battle. It specifically helps you withstand shock, which can cut out shaking hands, injuries, and tremors. This is effective at keeping your reactions high. These are the effects of raising this one of the Escape from Tarkov Physical skills
- Decreases your chance of getting pain shock, up to 50% at elite level.
- Tremor oscillation decreased.
- At elite level, you get ‘Berserk mode’.
You level this up this skill by being on low health of having the ‘pain’ debuff. This means it can be combined with levelling up other healing skills, taking damage and suffering blood loss to get this skill up, followed by healing.
Escape from Tarkov Physical Skills can help you build up your ability to survive accidents and injuries in the game. There are a lot of skills and they take a while to get al the way up to elite level. However, the buffs they give you can really improve your chances of survival in the game.