Call of Duty Modern Warfare has a lot of content on offer. There are loads of multiplayer modes, a big campaign, many weapons, and even a Battle Royale coming. With so much out there, why would you want to play with bots in Call of Duty? Well, because there are so many options for you. People need practice. Whether you’re practicing your aim, movement, testing out a loadout, or getting to grips with a new weapon, playing with bots is a great way to improve and try new things out.
A lot of games don’t give players the option of playing with bots. Call of Duty does though, you’re perfectly free to use bots as your personal training ground whenever you want. If you need to work out a loadout but don’t want the pressure of experimenting online or are trying desperately to learn how to snipe without the mocking judgment of your teammates, then playing with bots in Call of Duty is definitely going to be the right choice for you.
Setting up a game with bots is pretty easy. You can’t play with them in every game mode. However, you can use them in enough game modes that this is a useful way to try things out. This guide covers set-up bot only games and finding some space to experiment or practice things in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
How to Set Up a Private Match with Bots in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PC
If you want to set things up to play with bots in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on PC, things are going to be easy. This is how you do it:
- Go to Local Multiplayer – Here you get the option to play a Private match, select this to create your private lobby.
- Start a Private Match
How to Set Up a Private Match with Bots in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Consoles
To play with bots in Call of Duty Modern Warfare on consoles, you’ve got to jump through some hoops here is what you need to do.
- Go Offline – You have to be offline to actually do this successfully. When you launch the game, cancel the process of connecting to the internet to make sure you’re offline.
- Go to Local Multiplayer – This option isn’t going to be there otherwise, which is a bit of a pain.
- Start a Private Match
How to Play with Bots
Following those steps, things work the same for every platform. It is irritating that it has to be done differently depending on the ecosystem, but it isn’t too much work. You then need to set up a game with bots in Call of Duty:
- Set-Up The Game – Once in a private game, you can access the customization options. These include modes, and rules. It also includes bot set-up.
- Bot Set-Up – Here you can change the number of bots you’ll play with and their behavior. This is really useful if you want to set yourself up against different types of behavior to practice aiming or certain situations.
- You can only play with Bots in Certain Game Modes – You can play with bots in Team Death Match, Cyber Attack, Domination, Gunfight, Headquarters, Free for All, Search and Destroy, and Hardpoint.
Playing with bots in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is actually a great way to figure out how to improve at the game, this works for aiming, building loadouts, or just perfecting your muscle memory. You should also make sure you’re running the best Call of Duty settings when you’re back in a real game or check out some of the settings used by pro players for some inspiration.