Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is keeping a good deal of the options in its create-a-class system behind a pretty hefty XP wall. To unlock those Gunsmith attachments, you need to get pretty high levels of XP with each weapon. So, you’re going to need the rest of your loadout to accommodate this. The perfect loadout in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has to balance everything, and part of that is using the right Killstreaks. These are great one-off effects that can give you a big boost during a match. These are the best killstreaks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts.
Killstreaks are something you can utilize after you reach a certain number of kills without respawning. They are rewards for racking up a high kill count and keeping yourself alive. This means that the amount of times you get to use it depends entirely on your performance. However, they come in a few different varieties. Some are fairly low-level rewards that you’re likely to get often. Some, are massive attacks that you’ll probably not get multiple times in a match.
If you want to use the best killstreaks for your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadout, then you need to match them to your playstyle and the rest of your build. These are the best ones to use, and which type of loadout you’ll want to match them too.
- Personal Radar – This gives you an escort drone to reveal the locations of nearby enemies. It pings them and adds them to your mini-map.
- Shield Turret – this deploys a shield turret that you have to operate.
- Counter UAV – This gives you a drone that scrambles your team’s mini-map and their senses if they’re close to it.
- UAV – This is a recon ship that reveals enemy locations on your mini-map.
- Care Package – This brings in a care package to your location. A little dull, but one of the best Killstreaks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts.
- Cluster Strike – You can call in a barrage of clustered mortars on a location.
- Cruise Missile – You get control of a long-range cruise missile.
- Precision Airstrike – Twin jets carry out a precision strike.
- Infantry Assault Vehicle – This brings in a light infantry vehicle with a machine gun on top.
- Sentry Gun – Deploys an automated turret that scans the environment for enemies, and fires at them.
- Wheels On – This is a remote controller UGV, it has an airburst turret.
- Emergency Airdrop – This calls in three care packages.
- VTOL Jet – This fires off a cluster of missiles to a location and then guards it.
- White Phosphorous – A white smoke covers the battlefield that weakens and burns enemies.
- Chopper Gunner – You get an assault chopper, it has both a turret and air-to-land missiles.
- Support Helicopter – This is a heavy assault helicopter than patrols the map uses twin turrets to attack.
- Gunship – This is an actual gunship that comes in. It has quite a lot of weapons.
- Advanced UAV – This brings in an orbital UAC. It reveals the enemy’s locations and directions on your mini-map.
- Juggernaut – This brings in the Juggernaut armor!
Which Are the Best Killstreaks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts
Which of those killstreaks that you use in your loadouts is going to depend on which type of player you are. These are some choices that best suit some players.
The Best Killstreaks for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Sniper Loadouts
Snipers have quite a bit of choice when it comes to killstreaks. Ideally, a sniper is going to be racking up a lot of kills over the course of the game without dying too often. This might not be as quick as other players, but it should be adding up. This makes a Sniper the perfect loadout to take one of the higher-tier killstreaks. One of the highest kill count ones will benefit snipers the most. However, the Juggernaut armor should be avoided since it doesn’t bring much to a Sniper. These are some good choices:
- White Phosphorous
- Chopper Gunner
- VTOL Jet
- Sentry Gun
The Best Killstreaks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts for Healing
Obviously, the two care package killstreaks are bets for playing a healing centric support role. However, taking the lower valued one of these is better in the long run. This killstreak is going to occur much more often than the one for three care packages. While it isn’t as good value in terms of kills to packages, it will be worthwhile over the course of a game to have many care packages than achieve the three at once drop once.
The Best Recon Killstreaks for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts
Recon is served pretty well by Killstreaks. The main thing you want to do is balance advantage with the rarity of getting the killstreaks. Some of the higher options like Advanced UAV are eye-catching. However, they won’t be as commonly used. Instead, one of the lower recon killstreaks is going to be more useful since you can keep this advantage running for nearly the whole game with a well-organized team. These are some of the best choices.
- Personal Radar
- Advanced UAV
The Best Offensive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Killstreaks
You have a lot of offensive options for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare killstreaks. These are some of the best choices
- Support Helicopter
- White Phosphorous
- Chopper Gunner
- VTOL Jet
- Sentry Gun
- Infantry Assault Vehicle
- Cruise Missile
- Cluster Strike
Juggernaut is the highest reward on this list and it is eye-catching. However, there is a time and a place for it. If you want to use Juggernaut there are some things you should be doing too.
- Play Aggressively
- Use the right perks – Using Perks that allow you to rollover killstreaks is vital for racking this up. After you get the Juggernaut armor, you should be aiming to get a high number of kills to make it worthwhile.
- No sniping or recon – Juggernaut is just wasted in these scenarios.
- Don’t play it safe – Being one or two kills away from Juggernaut might tempt you to retreat until you manage that last kill. This is a really selfish move that is likely to cause more harm to your team then taking the risk of losing your streak.
- If you can’t get the kills, don’t use the killstreak – If you’re only getting this killstreak one in every ten games then it is time to give it up. There is little point in aiming to get this killstreak if it never happens. Really, you’re just denying yourself the use of an actually usable killstreak.
There are a variety of killstreaks in the game, but they are quite specialist. Despite some high-ticket streaks looking tempting, it is wiser to stick to the best killstreaks for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts that you actually use rather than going for the most dramatic ones. This helps you build a balanced loadout that will be more beneficial overall.