A Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode is coming soon to the game, or it is if recent leaks and datamining is to be believed. This latest addition to the game will really fill out the game’s roster. While there is already a serious amount of content among game modes, a Battle Royale promises a whole new experience in of itself.
The leaks for this new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode are pretty expansive. The show off the entire map and some of the new mechanics for the game mode. It is safe to say that this looks to be a much bigger mode than we’ve previously seen. Call of Duty has had Battle Royale-like modes in previous games. However, this time around it looks a lot bigger.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Mode
The leaks for the new Battle Royale mode have shown off what type of game this is going to be. While it is still definitely Call of Duty, it does have more of the Battle Royale hallmarks of games like PUBG or Fortnite than we’ve seen in the series before. This is how it is going to work:
- You drop into a huge map and compete to be the last one standing.
- The jumpmaster can control where a team lands, similar to Apex Legends.
- Weapons are found by looting.
- There is a new map for this mode with many different areas
- It is available in Solo, Duos, and Squads
- 200 Players per match
- 150 is the max health.
- Circles will narrow the map down over time.
- You have the ability to mark things on the map.
- It will have its own section on the menu
- There seem to be options for setting up custom games with a great variety of customization options.
- Loot comes in 5 rarities. White, Green, Blue, Purple, and Gold.
- You have limited inventory.
- Respawns work by collecting a token from a dead player, you only get one respawn.
- You have access to weapons, attachments, equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks from the regular modes.
- Attachments that don’t fit your weapon will be held for a weapon that they do fit.
This is a bigger leap into the Battle Royale genre than in the past. Even with this formula from other titles, the addition of some Call of Duty specific features makes this game mode quite a bit different from what we’ve seen elsewhere.
The loot is the game is going to work pretty differently. The standard Call of Duty system to build loadout is obviously out of the window. Now, loot is broken down into some separate categories. However, you will still be choosing from the same core elements, making this area a little more complicated than in most Battle Royale games.
There is armor in this Battle Royale Mode. This is going to provide extra protection. This is what dataminers have found:
- Helmets – The highest grade helmet will reduce headshot damage by 30 and reduce the effects of flash and concussion grenades. The second-highest tier will reduce headshot damage by 30, and the bottom tier will reduce headshot damage by 15.
- Ballistic Vests – The lowest tier will absorb 50 damage, the middle tier will absorb 150 damage, the highest tier will absorb 150 damage and increase healing items used by 25.
It is unknown exactly how perks are going to work in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode. However, it is clear that they are going to play an important role. This is something unique that really sets this Battle Royale aside from the ground. These are the perks available:
The Perks in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale
- High Alert – You get vision when an enemy spots you outside of your FOV.
- Spotted – You can see enemy equipment in a small radius around you. It is highlighted and visible through any surface.
- Tracker – You can see enemy footprints and you get an increase to your crouch movement speed.
- Stalker – Faster movement while you’re aiming down the sights.
- Marksman – You can identify enemies that are farther away from you. It shows you their names at a long distance.
- Sleight of Hand – Your reload time is 50% faster.
- Armorer – Your armor equips 20% faster and gives you 10% more armor.
- Artisan Tastes – When you pick up a weapon, you have a chance to automatically upgrade it to the next tier.
- Deep Pockets – You get an extra use out of equipment.
- Grenadier – Any throwable equipment gets an extra use.
- Healer – Medic items feel for an extra 25% of their value over 20 seconds.
- Thief – When you harvest, you generate 20% more plunder. This one is a big vague until we find out more.
- Ammo Scavenger – When you kill an enemy, you get some armor plates.
- Medic Scavenger – Killing an enemy always yield medical items.
- Plunder Scavenger – Killing an enemy always gives you plunder.
- Bounty Hunter – Killing an enemy with more perks will give you the points to match their level. After this, you can replace this perk.
- Ghost – You’re invisible to drones and sensors.
- Sneaky – Your footsteps are invisible.
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal – You can capture enemy mines and claymores.
Killstreaks appear to work just like they do in the base Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. This time they’re activated using your normal lethal and tactical buttons. When using Juggernaut, you can’t pick up loot.
This is a pretty vague new feature in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode. You earn it by completing missions and getting kills. You can purchase items within a game using plunder at certain locations. You can also convert it into normal XP using an ATM machine in-game. You have to have a minimum amount before you can deposit your plunder into a bank. When you deposit this plunder, you’ll set off the Bank Alarm which nearby enemies will hear.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Map
This new mode is going to be taking place on a new map. If rumors are to be believed, then this map is going to be big and full enough to put even the most established Battle Royales to shame. Currently, there is a leaked video that seems to show off the entire map.
This video points towards the entire thing being legitimate. If this isn’t real, then someone put way too much work into it. This also makes it seem like the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode is considerably closer to release than players might have thought.
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale mode looks to be a really interesting addition to the game. It is currently unknown when it will launch. However, it seems to be being built up as a separate entity to the regular online mode. This might mean that it isn’t going to be specifically tied to a big update to the game. You might not have to wait until Season 2 to start playing the Battle Royale mode.
Once it hits, you’ll want to make sure you know which weapons you should be going for in the game. Using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings will also help you stay ahead of the competition in this game mode.