Call of Duty Warzone has quite a few unique mechanics that set it aside from your average Battle Royale. One big one though is the Gulag. The political prisons serve a purpose in this game, they allow you to revive. This is a pretty different approach to revives in a Battle Royale. It gives the defeated player the power to resurrect themselves. This is a bit more fun than in other games since it keeps you busy when dead while dangling the possibility of a revival over you. If you want to win more Call of Duty Warzone games, you’ve got to master the Gulag.
The gulag is where you’ll wake up after you die. You’ve been thrown in a prison cell. Your team is a man down, so they won’t have the same firepower as others. This makes speed and actually getting back in the game really important. If you want to recover from a death, then you need to progress through the gulag. This guide covers some tips and tricks for surviving the gulag and getting back to the game as quickly as possible.
How Does the Call of Duty Gulag Work?
This is everything you need to know about this ‘after-life’ in Call of Duty Warzone.
- When you die, you wake up here. You start off as a spectator.
- Eventually, you’ll find yourself in the arena against another player in a 1v1.
- You both get the same loadout and have to kill each other.
- This goes for only 15 seconds! After that, you’ve got to grab the central flag.
- If you lose, you’re done. Equally, if you win then die again you’re finished. You get one chance at the Gulag per game.
- If you win you drop back in at a random location. You can skydive over to your team but it can be tricky with such a big map.
It all sounds quite simple, but it can be difficult to actually pull off in execution. These fights are short so it is easy to let nerves get the better of you.
Call of Duty Gulag Tips and Tricks
If you want to come out on top of the Gulag you’re going to need to be prepared. These are some Gulag tips and tricks to help you revive more often in games of Call of Duty Warzone:
- Keep Calm – This is a really important step. It is a fast-paced game but for a lot of players that leads to panic. The most important thing to do in the Call of Duty Gulag is to keep calm and think things through.
- Avoidance Works Too – This is a bit of a sneaky tactic, but waiting to grab the flag gets the same result. If you’re outmatched, dodge and grab the flag.
- Use the Loadout – If you’ve got grenades, chuck them almost immediately. You get more than just a gun, so use everything.
- Think about the Weapon – you don’t have long to consider options when the fight starts, but use your instincts. If you’ve got a shotgun, go close, if it is an assault rifle, stand back and ADS.
- Take Advantage of Panic – Your opponent is likely panicking about only having 15 seconds. Take advantage of this and seize the initiative in the fight
The Call of duty gulag can be a rewarding mechanic if you use it right. However, it is risky. Try to consider all your options in these fights, and if all else fails just go for the flag. Our other Call of Duty Warzone guides cover every other aspect of the game!
- The Best Call of Duty Settings
- The Best Call of Duty Warzone Weapons
- Call of Duty Warzone Map Guide
- The Best Call of Duty Warzone Tips and Tricks
- Call of Duty Warzone Perks Guide
- The Best Call of Duty Warzone Killstreaks
- Pro Player Settings