Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has now been out long enough for players to get to grips with its weapons, maps, game modes, and the huge create-a-class system. However, this is a little difficult when the game keeps getting patched! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is currently outpacing Fortnite in terms of frequent updates. The latest is the 1.09 Patch, which has just been pushed out to the game. This patch contains the normal balancing adjustments you’d expect, along with even further changes to some popular weapons. There is also the removal of a, particularly popular bug.
The biggest take away from this set of changes are the weapon adjustments. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Gunsmithsystem is so carefully balanced that these changes are going to have a big impact. Some of the most powerful items in the game have taken a big nerf. This is going to dramatically reduce their power, but also their viability when combined with the rest of the class. Reading through these 1.09 patch notes should help you see what has been adjusted, and which of your classes you need to change to account for this change.
Fixes and Changes in 1.09 Patch Notes
These are the general fixes and changes that have been pushed out with the 1.09 patch. A lot of broken or annoying elements have been altered:
- Text Fixes – A misspelling or Trophy, and a challenge without a description have had their text fixed.
- Special Operations – The glitch on this mode that made players unable to see an objective after retrying after they had been spectating has been fixed.
- CDL – The ruleset for Search and Destroy with Field upgrades disabled has been fixed in the 1.09 patch.
- Fixed Exploit – The semi-popular exploit that allowed players to duplicate their killstreaks has been fixed completely.
- Ground War – Bugs that caused respawn filters to stay turned on, and a repeating loading screen has been fixed.
- Missions – A number of missions in the game have had their challenges fixed.
These are all pretty minor changes but they addressed some big issues and exploits. Of particular note is the Killstreaks fix. This exploit has been used pretty widely. While it was fun to see at first, this change is going to help make the game a little less frustrating for those who play by the rules.
Weapon Changes in the 1.09 Patch
These are the important bits of the recent patch. The changes to weapons are quite a bit change to the overall metagame. This is another update that seems to be trying to address the 725 Shotgun. This weapon, its fair to say, is pretty powerful. Previous updates have already set their sights on it. These latest changes continue to reduce their power. However, they haven’t made it ineffective. While it is better balanced than before, it is still a great choice for a shotgun.
- This weapon has had its close-range damage increased in the 1.09 patch.
- Its mid-range damage has also been increased, but the chest multiplier has been decreased.
- The base damage rate has been reduced across the board.
- The range for damage that can be added by attachments in Gunsmith has been reduced.
- Hip fire spread has increased.
- The damage when firing from the hip has been reduced.
- Damage Range has been decreased when range-extending attachments are added.
These changes aren’t huge alterations, but they mainly interact with the Gunsmith system. This allowed you to make huge changes to weapons and these adjustments have lessened it a bit. It might be that Gunsmith gave players too much freedom to change weapons. However, with these reductions, you don’t have quite as much freedom as you once did.
If you want to continue getting the best results in call of Duty: Modern Warfare after the 1.09 patch and any other weapon nerfing patches that may come out, you should be using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings. It is a demanding game, the boost from using the game’s settings correctly can be really helpful.