Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the newest and most exciting iteration of the series yet. This new title gives players unprecedented control over their loadout, as well as a great variety of weapons, killstreaks, field upgrades, and perks to chose from. With all of this going on in the game, it can be difficult to know where to start. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks will help you to get the most out of the game, and understand some of the deeper tactics you need to use to get ahead.
Movement Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tips and Tricks
Movement is really important in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Unlike other games in the series, cover is now really important. Running at top speed is no longer going to help you. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks for movement will help you get the most out of the movement options in the game and get around the map safely.
- Think movement through – Footsteps are loud in this game. Don’t forget this and make all movement count. Footsteps are going to give away your movement pretty easily.
- Don’t get tied down – While movement can be risky, so can getting tied down. Don’t just sit in the same place through the game. While keeping hidden is important, don’t get scared into camping.
- Pay attention to the map – Different maps encourage widely different styles of play. You can’t try to brute force your normal sniping routine on an interior map.
- Use sprint to find cover, not to move – Sprint is really useful for fleeing to cover. However, it shouldn’t be used just to get around because of its speed.
- Stealth is possible – Unlike some past Call of Duty games, Stealth is definitely possible. If you want to play this way, you need to build your whole loadout around it.
Movement Tips and Tricks
- Running and gunning isn’t the best move – Speeding around firing on all cylinders isn’t going to cut it in this game. Think through your movement. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks can be helpful if you’re used to how past Call of Duty games played.
- Find cover – You can quickly be taken out in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Always find safe cover to get to when moving around the map.
- Sweep Your Surroundings – Checking your surroundings before going around a corner is going to save you a lot of lives. This is especially true for the interior maps in the game.
- Plan a route – When moving across a large map, plan a movement first to keep things organized. This way you know when to sprint when to sweep, and when to take cover.
Combat Tips and Tricks
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has a lot going on, but it’s still about getting kills. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks will help you out in combat.
- Killing is quick – Compared with newer big shooters like Fortnite or PUBG, Call of Duty is a quick killing game. For those who built their muscle memory on Call of Duty 3 and Halo, this won’t be a problem, but for others, it can be an adjustment. It doesn’t take all that long to kill someone or to rebound. This means quick attacks are more favorable.
- Not all weapons are equal – The best skill in the game isn’t going to help you if you’re using an underpowered weapon. Pay attention to patch notes to learn what loadouts aren’t as valid anymore.
- Headshots are near guaranteed kills – This goes without saying, but aiming for the head can be more rewarding in a fast-paced game like this.
- Use the right sensitivity – Using the right sensitivity is going to really improve your aim. Try each of them out, and find which one is right for you.
- Build muscle memory for better accuracy – Muscle memory comes from keeping the game in the same sensitivity settings for a while, your aim will improve as aiming becomes more natural.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tips and Tricks for Maps
The maps in call of Duty: Modern Warfare can be really varied. Learning how to use each to your advantage is vital. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks show you how to do just that:
- Use the right loadout for the map– Some maps suit some loadouts better than others. Keep this in mind and you’ll be better prepared for the game.
- Learn exposed spots – Pay attention to where you die from being exposed to other players. This way you know not to go into these spots without sweeping around for danger.
- Learn where cover is– Learning the maps should help your movement become more polished. Knowing where cover is can help you move from cover to cover, rather than darting at random.
- Learn ambush spots – In these enclosed maps, players are fond of ambushes. Learn where these spots are, and try not to wander into one unassuming again.
- Keep the game mode in mind – If you’ have an objective in your game mode, play that. Each map is different depending on the game mode. Pay attention to where objectives are in each map for each game mode.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadout Tips and Tricks
Using the right loadout in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is something easier said than done. It can be complicated to build an efficient one. These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks help you get the most out of this area.
- Use Gunsmith properly – Gunsmith can make players feel like a kid in a candy store. However, these options can bloat your loadout rather than enhance it. Avoid this. Use Gunsmith in a sensible and measured way.
- Trial and error can work with Gunsmith – Trial and error will help you find the best build for each individual weapon. Test things out before you commit fully.
- Be methodical when testing gunsmith – When testing out Gunsmith builds, change one thing at a time. If you change everything each time you build a loadout, you won’t know which elements were effective and which weren’t.
- You can edit Loadouts in game – You change around your loadout whenever you want. Take advantage of this and change things up whenever you need to adapt.
- You can copy loadouts from the kill feed – You can copy the loadout of a player who killed you in the kill cam. This can be good if you see something that is really working.
- Don’t forget about Field Upgrades – Field Upgrades can be a bit neglected with so much else on offer. Remember to use them properly.
These Call of Duty: Modern Warfare tips and tricks should help you get the most out of the game. Alongside knowing how to get kills and the maps in the game though, your loadout is really important. You can also make sure you’re on an even playing field with other players by using the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare settings.