Call of Duty Warzone has already expanded its roster of playable games, with just its first update. This week Solo mode was added to the game in an update alongside some other features. The solo mode is an interesting addition. While most Battle Royales use one, with even Apex having one running occasionally, the massive map and player count for Warzone make things a bit different. Loot is concentrated and warfare more suited to medium range than close. Alongside competing against 150 other players, with 200 players coming soon, this really makes Call of Duty Warzone Solo a different game.
You’ll need some specific strategies if you want to win in Solo mode. You have to take advantage of the unique mechanics on offer in the game if you want to come out ahead. Solo mode can be a fun change of pace from team-based games. This guide covers everything you need to know about solo mode in Call of Duty Warzone and what strategies you need to win.
What is Call of Duty Warzone Solo Mode?
Call of Duty Solo mode is pretty similar to other Battle Royales so you should have a good idea of what to expect. If you’re coming in fresh though, this is what you need to know about solo mode.
- You drop in with 149 other players. Last one standing wins.
- You have a pistol at landing and nothing else.
- When you die, you still get a shot at the Gulag. This is an area where you compete in 1v1s to get the chance to revive. If you die here though, you’re done for the game.
- You can loot to find things, but also complete contracts to gain currency that can be exchanged for loadouts or killstreaks. These are an easier way of getting the right loadout.
Warzone Solo Strategies
While the exact details of each game will vary depending on your luck looting, the other players you encounter, and where you drop, there are some strategies you can follow. To make the most out of the options available this is a good pattern to follow for each game of Call of Duty Warzone Solo:
- Drop into a suitable location for one player – Further down we cover landing locations, but this will give you the best loot options.
- Loot the area and take out players – This is obviously easier said than done. However, this gives you a start to the game with both kills and better loot.
- Amass 6,000 as quickly as possible – This is key. As soon as you have 6,000 head over to a buying station.
- Order a loadout – Once you’ve got your loadout you can relax about looting since everything is taken care of. If you’ve built the right loadout, this should really take the stress out of the game.
- Rotate and get cash – Rotate around the map, hitting the POIs that form a good path. Whenever you hit enough cash to get another Killstreak or piece of equipment, head to a buying station. Strategically use your killstreaks so you nearly always have one available. A good mid-game killstreak is the UAV. You can use this to hunt down other players that are camping. Take them out, use the cash to get more killstreaks to repeat the process.
- Save a killstreak for the final section – Have a killstreak handy for the end of the game, once you’re in this last section it all comes down to skill.
There are more details to a successful game than this, but this pattern will give you a great template for how to play call of Duty Warzone in Solo.
Where to Land
The map for Call of Duty Warzone solo is pretty big. While the huge locations have just as much loot, these are spots that are great for Solo players:
This is a great spot for solo players. There are lots of houses to loot for plenty of equipment. However, you can also find other players. While this isn’t the biggest location, this is ample for a Solo player. There are also houses close so after looting here you can get your loadout.
This is a bigger spot on the map but there is a lot of loot here, definitely enough for a solo player. This is also an interior space with great vantage points so getting kills should be easy enough.
This is a large open space so you should have an easy shot at quite a few other players. There is enough loot. While it is smaller than some others, this should still be enough to get your cash for a loadout. This is the only real goal in the opening stages of the game so this is definitely a good spot to land in Call of Duty Solo.
How to Win Solo Games
Solo games have a unique pattern to them. The strategy above should be useful for matches but you will have to adapt to circumstances. What is really key is getting cash to get killstreaks and your loadout. If you’re successful with this, then you should be able to come out on top of more solo games. These other Call of Duty Warzone guides cover the other aspects of the game that you need to know about: