Escape from Tarkov features a complex system of loot, but some of the really important items are keys. Escape from Tarkov keys are vital for experiencing everything the game has to offer. Entire maps with great loot are locked behind your ability to successfully farm keys to use on entry. As well as this though, you need them to complete quests. Quests are really important early on to help you unlock more gear, and get the ball rolling in Tarkov’s harsh economy.
Certain extraction points are sealed behind keys. While they’re not vital, it does extend your options in raids. With them playing such a vital role, you really need to know where to find Escape from Tarkov keys and how to reliably get each of them that you need.
This Escape from Tarkov keys guide covers all of the important keys that you’re going to find in a game This makes a good reference to use when you’re entering a raid, so you can quickly refresh yourself on the location of the keys you’re going to need, or figure out why one area has never been accessible to you.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Factory
There aren’t many keys to find on Factory. This is what you need to know:
- Door Key – This is found at the pumping station and unlocks the rest of the station.
- Other Door Key – This unlocks another door in the station. It can only be found on scavs, so you’re relying on RNG.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Customs
Customs has a lot of Escape from Tarkov keys. These are those that are available, and where to find them:
- Dorm Guard Desk Key – This unlocks the desk in the guard room. You can find it in the hand of a dead scav on the first-floor showers in the two-story dorm.
- Marked Key – This is a specific key that is needed for a quest. It also unlocks a door in Customs. It has 25 uses and can be found in jackets or pockets of scavs.
- Machinery Key – This key is another quest item. You can find it in a brown jacket in room 205 of the dorm or in the pockets of scavs.
- Car Key – If you find this key by mistake, it has no use. The lock it previously corresponded to no longer needs unlocking.
- Military Base Checkpoint Key – This key can be found on a dead scab in the boiler building. It unlocks a door to the tower.
- Customs Office Key – This unlocks the directors’ office. It can be found at the top of the staircase in the paradigm warehouse.
- Portable Cabin Key – This unlocks a door in the bus depot. It can be found on scavs.
- Unknown Key – This key opens up the cabin in the crane area. It can be found behind the Welcome to Tarkov truck, on a dead body. This is one of the more ominous Escape from Tarkov keys.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Woods
These are all of the important keys in the Woods maps. These Escape from Tarkov keys have multiple uses, but you can easily find them.
- Yotota Car Key – This Escape from Tarkov key can be found in the pockets of scavs. It unlocks a pickup truck.
- Key ZB-014 – This key unlocks a door on Woods and is needed for quests. You can find it on the desk in dorm room 220 and on scavs.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Shoreline
Shoreline has quite a lot of keys. The majority of these Escape from Tarkov keys just open a single door on the map. Some, however, are a little more important. These are the Escape from Tarkov keys that you need to find on Shoreline.
- Key to the Closed Premises of the Sanatorium – You can find this key on a chair in a bunker. However, finding the bunker is the real task here is, it’s close to the Rock Passage extraction.
- Health Resort Utility Room Key – This key can be found in the janitors closet in the east wing staircase of the health resort.
- Office 112 West Wing Key – This key is a little more important than other office doors since you need it to progress through a quest. You can find this Escape from Tarkov key on a bus in the bus depot, or on scavs.
- West Wing Room 216 Key – You can find this one on a desk on the second floor of the theatre. Although, it is also in the pockets of scavs.
- West Wing Room 219 Key – You can find this Escape from Tarkov key in the Lighthouse. However, it is also in the pockets and bags of scavs.
- West Wing Room 220 Key – This key can be found on scavs or in jackets. This makes it a bit of a random luck event.
- West Wing 303 Key – You can find this key in the North East Pavilion.
- West Wing 306 Key – This Escape from Tarkov key is another quest item. You can find it in a bathroom locker on Factory, or on scavs in Shoreline.
- East Wing Room 306 Key – This key can be found in the Director’s Office on Customs, or on scavs in Shoreline.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Interchange
Interchange doesn’t have as many Important Escape from Tarkov keys as some other maps. However, there are still some keys that you’re going to need for some quests and to make the map easier to use.
- Key to OLI Logistics Department Office – You can find this key in the Gas station outside of Customs, or on scavs in interchange.
- Key to EMERCOM Medical Unit – You can find this in the Ambulance.
- Cash register Keys – These aren’t essential keys to grab, since they’re not required. However, they are quite useful Escape from Tarkov keys for looting on this map. You can find them on a table in the office in the back of the OLI store, on the seat of a bus outside IDEA, and on the seat of a white bus in Customs.
Escape from Tarkov Keys Guide – Labs
The Lab is a really unique Escape from Tarkov map. To even get entry you’re going to need a key. However, once you’re inside the only key cards that are there just relate to certain rooms. These aren’t really essential and you can rely on just using the ones you happen to acquire. Out of all of the keys though, the access keycard is the one you’ll want to find the most often.
- Labs Access Keycard – You can get this keycard from drawers on Shoreline and Lab. You can also loot it from all of the bosses, and it can occur in the pockets or bags of both scavs and scav raiders. Bosses are the most consistent way to get this key.
Those are all of the essential keys in Escape from Tarkov. While there are quite a few keys on offer to players, these are the only ones that are important for you to pick up to progress through the game. In particular, the Labs access card is important. You should also make sure you’re running the best Escape from Tarkov settings, to really get the most out of the game.