Valorant has fast become one of the most exciting Esports games. It is an arena shooter, but with distinct Agents to play as. Each offers different abilities and options for you. Deciding which agent to play as is a major part of mastering the game. Each is suited to a different type of player. Reyna is a fairly unique agent, she has abilities modeled after a vampire. She gets abilities from getting kills. Reyna can heal, use buffs, and even become invisible. This is a diverse set of tools. With Reyna, you need to go for action and get kills. Only one ability can be used without kills, so you need to focus on dueling here.
Reyna might need kills to function, but her abilities are about more than just blindly attacking. Reyna’s abilities can help you out and your teammates. There are also some mobility possibilities open to you. Reyna is an Agent for aggressive players though. You’ll need to be chasing kills and doing so in a smart way. This guide covers everything that you need to know to get the most out of Reyna and her abilities.
Reyna Tips and Tricks
Leer is an ability that costs 200 credits. This one is actually quite useful for your entire team. It fires a purple eye that makes all enemies that look at it nearsighted. When it is used against you, it hits pretty hard. These are some tips for using it to its best effect:
- Call this one out before you use it. This is really important. This is an ability that your whole team needs to strike on. Co-ordinate this with a well-timed push from Jett or Phoenix and you can wipe out most of the team.
- Affected enemies have a symbol over their face, make sure you look for this before you assume it has worked on everyone. If they’re looking away, they can dodge the effect.
- The eye can be destroyed. While you shouldn’t go too far out of your way to protect it, keep this in mind when using it. Hard-hitting weapons can actually destroy it pretty quickly.
- This can be fired through walls! Of course, you should try and be in a position to peek to where it is effected, it is wasted if you can’t take action against effected enemies.
- If you’re on the defensive, this one of Reyna’s abilities is still useful. You can throw it out to delay enemy action or push it back.
This one of Reyna’s abilities as a resource for you to manage, along with costing 100 credits. This one can’t actually be cast until you’ve gotten a kill. This is a bit of a hassle, but you’ll need to be getting kills as Reyna if you want to do well. To activate this, you need to pick up soul orbs. These are dropped when you get kills. When you collect them they become a resource you can use for this ability. Devour is quite simple, it grants you a health restore and +50 armor. These are some tips and tricks to make sure you’re using it right:
- This one is probably going to be used straight after you’ve got the orbs collected. Essentially, you’ll know if it is worthwhile using it since you’ll be low on health.
- This can overheal to give you armor. Keep this in mind since stacking some armor is its most useful utility.
- Don’t bother getting heals from your teammates if you’re going to be able to use this soon.
This is the other ability that uses orbs. This one is pretty similar to Devour with the same mechanics behind collecting. This time though, you become a ghost-like creature for a short period of time. This is what you need to know:
- You can’t fire any weapons, or be harmed while in this state. Essentially it takes you out of play while you move around.
- While you look different, you’re not exactly blending in. Be aware of this. It is kind of a do-over, but you’ll be spotted if you use it to retreat to blatantly.
- This can be great for peaking and getting intel. Use it to put yourself in harm’s way, gather the information that you need, and then get out.
- If you’re dashing across open space with this, you can use it to get to a more advantageous position in a hurry.
Empress is Reyna’s ultimate ability. This one is a range of buffs that you’re going to get as long as the ability lasts. Empress increases your damage, firing rate, reload speed, and the speed of switching out guns and abilities. This is a really strong effect that makes it a lot easier to pick up kills. When timed properly, it is a series of buffs that can help you wipe out a whole team. This effect will last longer the more kills that you get. These are some tips for using it at the right time:
- Keep your health in mind. This ultimate is best used when you can get a lot of kills, low health might not stop you with an increased damage rate but it will eventually mean you’ll get fewer kills.
- Make sure your team knows when you’re using it. Ideally, you’ll have a fair bit of support. If played right, you can move through the enemy team with the support to back you up.
- You get the outlines of enemies visible during this attack. Be sure to share this intel with your team. It is easy to get carried away with this ability. However, the intel is important for the entire team if your streak ends quicker than expected.
Reyna Tips and Tricks
That should cover Reyna’s abilities. However, these are some other tips and tricks for more general Reyna play and using her entire skillset for your play style.
- Coordination is important. Especially for abilities like Empress and Leer. These two can be really effective when combining the abilities of others or with general support.
- Devour or Dismiss can be used in the same place, so choosing which is often a difficult decision. In general, you need to consider a couple of things about your situation. If you think you can win the firefight, then using devour for a quick heal before heading back in Is the better move. If you’re repositioning or going for a messy kill, then saving it for Devour is better since you get a quick escape or re-position.
- It should go without saying that you’ll need to be an aggressive player as Reyna. However, your team needs to know this too. It’s fine for others to go for kills, but you should have a couple of strong support players or fraggers to help you out.
Those are the tips and tricks that you’ll need to come out ahead in Valorant as Renya. Our other guides cover what else you’ll need to know about the game and some other agents: