Valorant is a complex game. With the various agents and weapons at play, you’ve got a lot to master if you really want to win more games. The first decision you really need to take though is which agent to play. If you’re going to play Valorant as Brimstone, you have responsibility for controlling the map. Brimstone has abilities that allow you both to take control of areas, and do a lot of damage. He’s one of the most popular picks at the moment along with Sage, and it’s not hard to see why.
Brimstone’s abilities aren’t just for controlling areas; the damage potential is impressive too. Not a lot of agents have this much viability in different areas. Brimstone’s popularity is down to this potential, when used properly he can decide the outcome of rounds. This guide covers everything you need to know about using brimstone’s abilities properly.
Brimstone Abilities Guide
Brimstone’s main thing is aerial bombardment; he can drop stuff from the sky. Brimstone is one of the more complicated Valorant Agents. This doesn’t mean he is too hard to use, but he is definitely hard to get the most out of. It is really important with Brimstone to both be in communication with your team, and really capitalize on your abilities.
Brimstone Stim Beacon
This is a beacon that you can dropdown. It grants a stim buff which is nothing to be under-play. It adds 10% to rate of fire, 10% faster weapon swap speed, faster recoil, recovery, and reload speed. This is quite the boost and when stacked with other abilities it can have the potential of an ultimate. These are some tips for using it properly.
- Its AOE goes around walls. You’re not limited by geometry.
- It can’t be destroyed by anyone! This thing is indestructible.
- The AOE is actually quite large, so you can peak and push forward while keeping the boost.
- The effect stays for four seconds after you leave the circle, so feel free to peak outside of it.
- It remains active for 15 seconds. In this time, a group of players could rack up quite a lot of kills.
- Use this when your team is together, and about to launch a push or fire on enemies. You’re increasing accuracy and rate of fire should allow you to get in as many kills s there are enemies, provided you’ve got good aim.
- Coordinate with your teammates! This is wasted if only Brimstone gets the boost.
This is Brimstone’s smokescreen. He can call it in to a specific spot as long as it is in sight. This one of Brimstone’s abilities calls down a dome of smoke. It is impossible to see through, so it can give you cover or try to block an area’s line of sight and put a stop to peaking enemies. These are some tips for using it well:
- This one is a line of sight blocking device for controlling ground.
- Its uses are a bit more limited than others.
- This has a 3-second delay before it drops, so factor that into where you call it.
- If you call in to block up an attack that is already going on, it might add some chaos but not particularly help you.
- The smoke stays for 15 seconds. This makes it great for fully repositioning. It also gives you some space to heal if you have a Sage on your team.
This is an incendiary grenade you can fire from a launcher. It bounces off walls then creates a pool of fire when it hits. This lasts for 10 seconds, so double the length of Pheonix’s. It does decent damage and can be fired to bounce out of your line of sight. This is an ability that has great potential, these are some tips for using it properly:
- This grenade’s bounce in going to be a major factor.
- It can work with you or against you. Try to master the way that it bounces in training before you rely on it too much. The bounce can help you break through lines of sight without peaking and make a big push.
- Even if you don’t get an enemy with it, moving them away from that space has a positive effect of its own.
This is Brimstone’s ultimate. You pick a target spot on the map and call in a full orbital strike. This will pulse for a while and cause quite a bit of damage. These are some tips for using it properly.
- It only takes 2.5 seconds to drop in. This is really quite quick for an Ultimate, so make sure you’re keeping the timing in mind.
- It does 20 damage per tick. If anyone is stupid enough to not move out of the way, this is going to do quite a bit of damage.
- It goes through ceilings. Remember this when you’re lining it up, it can help you break into otherwise locked down spaces.
- The ideal time to call this in is when the enemy team is defusing. Calling it in their location will scatter them and allow you to mount a counter-attack. While it would be silly to save it for rounds for this exact circumstance, this is a really effective time to use it.
Who Should Play as Brimstone?
Brimstone in Valorant has a lot of potential to be played successfully in a lot of different ways. His abilities allow you to do outright damage or control the map, depending on when you use them. One thing that is vital if you want to play as Brimstone is thinking through when you using an attack, and getting your team on board.
Our other guides to Valorant can also help you master the other mechanics at play in the game:
- Best Valorant Weapons Guide
- Which Valorant Agent Should You Play As?
- How to Unlock all Valorant Agents
- Best Valorant Settings
- Valorant Phoenix Guide
- Valorant Tips and Tricks