Wild Rift is a new mobile MOBA spin-off from LoL. The game is primarily built for mobile devices. However with a growing community and lucrative esports scene, a lot of players are looking to get in on it. The title looks great on a mobile device, but limited control inputs can put some players off. Why huddle over a phone if you’ve got a top of the line gaming PC with a mouse and keyboard sat around? It is quite easy to play Wild Rift on PC. you have the option to play via an emulator, or directly stream your phone’s output to a monitor instead.
Wild Rift is developed for mobile only. However, since not all gamers really like to use a phone for lengthy MOBA matches, there is a growing community that utilizes emulation software to instead access the game on a PC. This is how you can set things up to do that, and why you might want to consider playing Wild Rift on a PC instead:
Should You Run Wild Rift on a PC?
Wild Rift is designed for mobile devices, so surely players should just use LoL if they want to play on a PC? There are actually quite a few reasons why you should consider using your PC to play Wild Rift. These are some of the main benefits:
- Connection – Connection quality can be spotty on a phone. When you’re using a PC, you can connect via ethernet and be confident in the quality of the game.
- Apparence – Wild Rift is a good looking game for a mobile title. Unfortunately, mobile phones aren’t always the best way to show that off. Playing on a PC lets you get a higher quality image.
- Controls – if you feel just generally allergic to playing with a phone’s controls, the options on a PC are much more traditional.
- Ergonomics – Playing over a phone isn’t exactly comfortable over longer periods, unless you’re buying some kind of stand. If you’ve already got a comfortable and healthy set-up like a gaming chair, then using a PC makes more sense.
- Your Phone’s Health – Constantly running down your phone battery by playing long games of Wild Rift isn’t good for it. Even if you’re charging at the same time, this has a bad effect on your battery and can wear your handset sooner than normal.
Those are the big benefits of playing Wild Rift on PC. The only real argument against it, is that LoL is accessible on a PC too. While that may be true, this game is different enough and has a growing popularity, so for a lot of players it makes more sense as the game to get into.
How to Play Wild Rift on PC – Emulation
To play Wild Rift on a PC, you’ll need to use some emulation software to get the title to run on different hardware. This is quite easy to set-up. This is how you can do it:
- Download the BlueStacks Program – This is an emulator that allows Android applications to run on a PC.
- Go into the Play Store in BlueStacks – You can do all this using your normal Google account.
- Find League of Legends Wild Rift and Install it
- Open the Game
This makes it really simple to play Wild Rift on a PC. Then, you can simply use your PC inputs like mouse and keyboard to control the game on an ordinary monitor. However, this method does use an emulator, which could cause difficulties down the line for your account. There is an alternative.
How to Play Wild Rift on a PC Without an Emulator
Using an emulator is probably the simplest way to play Wild Rift on a PC. However, it might not be a good solution if you’re looking at competitive play. That doesn’t mean you’re limited to a phone screen, but you will still have to run the software on your phone’s physical hardware. An alternative is to set-up screen mirroring for your phone on your PC. This just displays your phone’s image on your monitor, while still running on the original hardware.
If you’re using a PC for this, the steps are different for iOS or Android. On Windows 10 and above, you can use the built in Cast feature for Android. If you’re mirroring for iOS, then you’ll need to use a third party application to allow your PC to be used with AirPlay. There are plenty of these available, and some great ones work for free.
If you’re on a Mac as a display, then using AirPlay is an easy way to stream from iOS. Streaming your Android to play Wild Rift on a Mac, then you’ll need a third party application like AirPlay. There are other alternatives too, but be sure to check the reviews before you install. The majority are going to be free, so make sure you’re downloading something that isn’t going to be ruining the screen mirroring with ads.
Should You Play Wild Rift on PC?
That’s how you can play Wild Rift on a PC. The two options are essentially dependent on how you’re playing though. If you’re just messing around, then emulation is a better experience. However, for ranked play you’ll want to stick to screen mirroring to take precautions with your account. Our guides to Wild Rift can help you improve areas of your gameplay, no matter what you’re playing on: