The create a class system in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare works a bit differently to other games in the series. Building a loadout of weapons, perks, killstreaks, attachments is really important for how you play. This time around attachments have been made into the expansive gunsmith system. The main problem with this though is grinding. You have to progress through a serious amount of levels to even get all of the gunsmith components for a single gun. With that in mind, the rest of your loadout has to compensate. Since players won’t get full access until they’ve played for quite a while, they need to be using the best beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts.
Luckily, a lot of the early unlocks can give you some really effective tools to build the best beginner Call of Duty Loadouts. These classes will give you the best chance that you have early in the game. It takes some time to unlock the really useful gear, but these selections can work with what you have.
These beginner loadouts focus on the equipment that you’re going to have available to you before you get deep into the game. This affects every aspect of your loadout, but one in particular. Gunsmith is really reliant on level grinding, so these loadouts are focused on making the most out of the rest. These loadouts should also be a bit more forgiving as you’re still new to the game. The best beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts are going to be vital while you grind your way up there, helping you to get the XP you need to unlock the more advanced options.
The Best Beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts for General Players
Assault rifles are a great choice of weapon for beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare players. They’re useful at quite a few different ranges, work with most maps, and have the easiest to perfect playstyle. If you’re just starting with the game, the best beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts for assault rifles are your best bet.
M4A1 Assault Rifle
The M4A1 Assault Rifle is one of the earliest weapons in the game, so you’ll have an easy time getting all of the attachments you need. On top of its ease of access, it has a great balance of damage level and accuracy. This is a pretty core weapon, so even with numerous patches its remained effective. If you can master the M4A1, you might not need to change your loadout much as you progress.
Most of the maps in the game favor medium-range gameplay, this makes them perfect for assault rifles. On top of your assault rifle though, you’ll need to use the right perks, attachments, and other options to go along with it.
- Operator Reflex Sight
- Tactical Suppressor
- Comando Foregrip
You’ll unlock more Gunsmith options as you progress with this weapon. Remember to alter it to take advantage of new unlocks as you progress. However, for a beginner, these attachments should be obtainable pretty quickly. Once you unlock a few more, these make great additions to the best beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts for the M4A1:
- Stipples grip Tape
- Merc Foregrip
- Stock M16 Grenadier Barrel
A pistol. You should alter this depending on what you unlock and what you feel the most comfortable with. The secondary isn’t too important for this one of the best beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts.
Perks are pretty important and you’re not going to have too many restrictions here with the M4A1. Most perks available should be beneficial when you’re using this weapon. However, there are some specific choices that really suit a beginner’s loadout.
- Restock –This one makes your equipment charge 30 seconds faster than before. Really helpful for getting those extra advantages in even more often.
- Tune-Up – This increases your recharge time on field upgrades by 33%. Again, this lets you really use more of those occasional tools.
- Double Time –This increases your sprint speed. This is a really important perk as you starting messing around with Gunsmith, all those add-ons can really slow you down.
Once you have more experience with the game, there are some more technical choices you can try out:
The first two perks here can be considered ‘killstreak neutralizing’. Essentially these help you to survive despite other players launching big killstreaks by taking away their advantage. Spotter gives you greater visibility and knowledge over the positions of other players on the map. When you’re getting used to the game, this set of perks works for a more cautious or defensive build. The first batch is really good for throwing you into the deep end and helping you be aggressive. This batch works if you’re learning the game through playing defensively and trying to master the more strategic side of things.
A flash grenade works a good few seconds faster than a stun grenade. This makes it a much more effective choice since it cuts down on your opponent’s reaction times.
The Claymore is a great choice for any player since it deals a bizarre amount of damage. It is also a nice change from the run and gun standard of the assault rifle.
Is the M4A1 the Best Beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare Weapon?
This loadout should be your starting point with the game. The assault rifle is the most balanced weapon and by far the best one to use when finding your feet. However, if you’re coming from a place where you have a lot of skill with a different play style, there are alternatives.
The Best Beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts for SMGs – MP5
An SMG is a fast-firing weapon that gives you great mobility. The benefit for beginners is similar to that of the assault rifle. It suits the maps and gameplay quirks in this game, making it a good choice for beginners. This is a good beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare Loadout for an SMG, so start here.
The MP5 is a great weapon to use as a beginner since it is easy to use and pretty forgiving. With the right other additions, it is a great part of the best Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts.
Unlocking gunsmith attachments happens quite gradually. This means these recommendations won’t be accessible to every player. However, these are good attachments to slot in as you unlock them.
- FTS Light Barrel
- FTAC Collapsible Stock
- Stippled Grip Tape
- Commando Foregrip
As with the Assault Rifle loadout, any standard pistol is going to get the job done here. You shouldn’t stress too much about your secondary weapon until you master your primary.
These are some choices for perks when you’re using an MP5.
- Quick Fix
- Battle Hardened
Tracker can also be effective if you’re using this loadout. Perks need a bit of experimentation though, so feel free to mess around with these as you find your footing with the game.
The throwing knife can be an effective choice for a beginner SMG loadout. This weapon is an instant kill, but it relies on solid aim. This might not sound like the best option for beginners, but it evens out the MP5. The MP5 isn’t great at maneuvering at close range if you’re fresh to the game. The throwing knife can help you out here if you panic.
Stoical equipment is going to vary depending on your playstyle. Your best choices for an SMG is going to be a grenade if you’re an aggressive player. You can use them to push enemies, secure an area before you head in, or just to zone out other players to take a position. If you’re playing defensively or find yourself in pain an awful lot, then a Stim might be beneficial.
The Best Beginner LMG Loadouts
The LMG isn’t the best weapon for a complete beginner to use in Modern Warfare, but with the right loadout, you can make it work. An LMG is a bit more difficult than the SMG or the Assault Rifle. If you typically use them in other games though, you’ll have an easier time getting the most out of it. This LMG loadout is built to be a bit more forgiving since it is a harder weapon for beginners.
The Holger-26 straddles the line between an LMG and an Assault Rifle. This makes it much easier to use than most hard LMGs and more suitable to a beginner. This loadout is based around this weapon, but your experience is going to vary depending on how many attachments you can unlock.
- FTAC 8.98” Spitfire Barrel
- Tactical Foregrips
- 30 Round Mags Ammo
- Stippled Grip Tape Rear Grip
These attachments are going to help you build a more balanced loadout for an LMG, really important for the best beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts.
Perks are vital to any beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadout. These are the ones suited to using an LMG efficiently.
- Cold Blooded
These work by giving you a bit of an advantage with positioning and stealth. The LMG isn’t the most reactive weapon, so being a little more cautious is a more forgiving play style.
The Best Beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts for Snipers
While a lot of the maps in the game work well for medium distance, there is plenty of scope for skilled snipers to get a lot of kills. Like the other classes, it is going to take you a while to get everything that you need to be an effective sniper in the game. This best beginner Call of Duty: Modern loadout for snipers will help you make a great sniper class out of early equipment.
Primary Weapon – HDR
This is the second sniper rifle that you unlock and actually quite an effective one to use. As with every other weapon, its real benefits become clearer when you get more attachments for this weapon.
- Thermal Scope – If you’re a real beginner this makes actually sniping considerably easier. Your aim is going to be improved a lot so it is helpful for when you’re finding your feet.
- Lightweight Suppressor
- FTAC Hunter-Scout
This balance should make it a bit easier to handle without slowing down your aiming too much. As with the rest of the best beginner Call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts, you can adjust these as you get more experience in the game.
- Overkill – With this you can carry a second weapon. Go for an Assault Rifle, SMG, or Shotgun to properly balance your sniper.
The Claymore. Great for defending your vantage point, it is an effective element in pretty much any of the best beginner Call of Duty: Modern Warfare loadouts.
Which is the Best Beginner Call of Duty Loadout?
These loadouts each suit a different type of weapon and player. However, the usefulness of each of them is going to vary depending on how you play. This is what type of player suits each beginner loadout
- Assault Rifle – This is the best Call of Duty Modern Warfare beginner loadout if you’re brand new to the game or generally unsure where to start. It is the safest loadout in the game by far, so perfect for learning the ins and outs of the title.
- SMG – An SMG works well for beginners too. This one is suitable if you’re a bit more experienced with other games or just find playing with an assault rifle really really dull.
- LMG – An LMG is kind of difficult to make work as a beginner in Modern Warfare. That loadout is good for beginners, but really only for beginners who use LMGs in other games.
- Sniper – The sniper loadout isn’t good if you’ve never picked up a game before, but that is probably unlikely. If you’re a sniper in another game, this one is for you. If you’re trying to master sniping, then you might still be better off by learning the ropes with an Assault, then switching to a sniper once you know what is going on.
All of these make great choices though. The best beginner call of Duty Modern Warfare loadouts are going to be helpful to you. However, our guides to more advanced loadouts can help once you’ve progressed beyond these.
Check out these other Modern Warfare loadout guides:
- These are some great loadouts for beginners – Start here if you’re brand new to the game. These loadouts are balanced and provide you with all you need to start unlocking more options.
- The Best Assault Rifle Loadouts – This loadout is built around the M4A1 Assault Rifle. This weapon is top of the class for an entry-level all-rounder.
- The Best Shotgun Loadouts – These loadouts cater to shotguns and close combat. This is really useful since so many of Modern Warfare’s maps are small or interior based.
- The Best SMG Loadouts – This covers loadouts for the stand-out SMG in the game; the MP5. A great place to start for SMG players.
- The Best LMG Loadouts – These the best Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Loadouts for the PKM, a great LMG for new players and those with experience.
- The Best Marksman Rifle Loadouts – Marksman Rifles aren’t the flashiest weapon, but they’re proving surprisingly useful weapon with the metagame in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. This loadout tackles the MK2 Carbine, a great Marksman Rifle to start with.
- The Best Sniper Loadouts – This guide goes through some basic Sniper loadouts. Tailor-made for those with great aim and a lot of patience.