Apex Legends Season 4 brought a new Legend, updated map, and a new Battle Pass to the game. Alongside this though, was a new weapon. With each new season a new weapon is added, and to make room for it others are changed. While this happens with smaller updates, it is the larger changes that come at the end of seasons that prompt A full re-appraisal of the situation. This Apex Legends Season 4 weapons guide covers all of the weapons currently in the game. With each season, different weapons become more effective than others. The minor adjustments echo down the game, and completely change the balance.
Looking at the stats for each of the weapons left in the game gives us a much better picture of how effective they are. To come out on top of firefights, you need to be thinking tactically. However, this is all irrelevant if you’re not using the right weapons. Some guns have something of an advantage over others. Learning which are the best guns to loot in the game will help you save time, and improve your performance in firefights.
What Are the Best Apex Legends Season 4 Weapons?
Out of each category of weapon in Apex Legends Season 4, there are some clear standouts. Taking attachments out of the running, these are some of the best weapons to use in each category. If you’re just looking for an overview, these are the weapons to go for.
- Assault Rifle – R-301 Carbine or Flatline
- SMG – Prowler or Alternator
- LMG – Devotion or L-Star
- Shotgun – Peacekeeper or Mastiff
- Sniper Rifle – Charge Rifle
- Pistol – Wingman
Of course, every weapon in the game has its up and downs. There are pros and cons that make things a bit more nuanced than this. Some weapons have weighted stats that might not make them the best Apex Legends Season 4 weapons, but do make them great for your play style.
Apex Legends Season 4 Weapons Stats
To figure out which of the Apex Legends Season 4 weapons excel where, we can take a look at the stats for each. This is a breakdown of how each weapon in its category works, which should give you an idea of each’s pros and cons.
- R-301 Carbine – This uses Light Ammo, has a reload time of 2.40 or 3.20s, a damage per second of 189, and a fire rate of 13.5
- VK-47 Flatline – This uses heavy ammo, has a reload time of 2.40s or 3.10s, and a DPS of 190.
- Hemlok Burst AR – This takes heavy ammo, has a reload time of 2.40s or 2.80s, and a DPS of 180.
- G7 Scout – This uses light ammo, has a reload time of 2.40s or 3s, and a DPS of 136.
SMGs -Apex Legends Season 4 Weapons Guide
- Prowler Burst PDW – This uses heavy ammo, has a reload time of 2s or 2.6s, and a DPS of 122.78
- R-99 – This uses Light ammo, had a reload time of 1.80s or 2.45s, and a DPS of 198.
- Alternator SMG – This uses Light ammo, has a reload time of 1.90s or 2.23s and a DPS of 150.
- Devotion – This uses a specific type of ammo, has a reload time of 2.80s or 3.63s, and a DPS of 255.
- L-Star EMG – This uses Energy for ammo, has a reload time of 3.26s and a DPS of 180.
- M600 Spitfire – This uses Heavy ammo, has a reload time of 2.80s or 3.33s, and a DPS of 162.
- Charge Rifle – This takes sniper ammo, has a reload time of 3.60s and a DPS of 31.5. It fires only a single beam which works as hitscan rather than a moving projectile.
- Longbow DMR – This uses sniper ammo, has a reload time of 2.66s or 3.66s, a DPS of 71.5 and a projectile speed of 30500.
- Sentinel – This also uses sniper ammo, has a 2.50s or 3.60s reload time, a DPS of 65, and a projectile speed of 30500.
- Sentinel – This uses Sniper ammo, has a reload time of 2.50s or 3.60s, a DPS of 65, and a projectile speed of 30500.
- Krabar .50 CAL – This takes unique ammo, has a 3.20s or 4.30s reload time, a DPS of 145, and a projectile speed of 29500.
- Triple Take – This takes Sniper ammo, has a reload time of 2.60s or 3.40s, a DPS of 86.25, and a projectile speed of 32000.
- Mastiff – This uses unique ammo, has a reload time of 1.03s or 1.70s, a DPS OF 187.2.
- Peacekeeper – This uses shells, has a reload time of 2.50s or 3.50s, and a DPS of 106.7.
- EVA-8 Auto – This uses shells, has a reload time of 2.75s or 3.00s and a DPS OF 126.
- Mozambique Shotgun – This uses shells, has a reload time of 2.10s or 2.60s and a DPS of 99.
- Wingman – This takes heavy ammo, has a reload time of 2.10s, and a DPS of 117.
- P2020 – This takes Light ammo. Has a reload time of 1.25s and a DPS of 110.5.
- RE 45 Auto – This also takes Light ammo, has a reload time of 1.74s or 2.12s, and a DPS of 143.
Apex Legends Season 4 Weapons – What to Loot
Those stats can help you see why some of the Apex Legends Season 4 weapons are considered better finds than others. However, this is a Battle Royale. So, which weapons you go for are necessarily limited by the loot that you can find.
The top tier weapons are the ones that are the best in optimal situations. However, you have to consider looting. Settling for a mid-tier weapon is a lot more productive for an entire game than constantly searching out the very top tier weapons. You have to make a judgment call when deciding if it is worth finding the best Apex Legends weapons. Also, keep in mind that attachments can really change things up, so they’re worth using to upgrade a weapon without the best base stats.
If you’re trying to progress through the Apex Legends Season 4 Battle Pass, using the right settings is just as important as your tactics. With the right settings and better frames per second, you can improve your reaction times and take more of an advantage in games.