Apex Legends has a wide array of weapons available to players. However, like PUBG, this is just the beginning. The best load out of weapons isn’t going to help you if you’re not balancing your loadout with other elements available. When you’re looting up you need to focus on everything available. The Season 3 gear available includes Helmets, Body Shields, Backpacks, and Knockdown shields. Rather than just having a single shield bar like Fortnite, Apex Legends needs you to pay attention to your entire loadout.
Apex Legends is a loot-based game. This means you aren’t always going to have the perfect loadout. You can’t just create a class like in Call of Duty. However, there are definitive tiers to what is available. Not every game is going to give you the perfect spread of Season3 gear. However, this guide should cover each piece so you always know what items to go for.
Each different variety of weapon features a different sort of benefit. This makes it a bit different from just choosing the highest rarity of each item. Instead, you need to figure out which one best suits your play style with its bonus abilities to prioritize finding the highest rarity of that type of gear.
Legendary Season 3 Gear
Season 3 Gear comes in different varieties, but the one most players go for is the Gold tier. This is the legendary tier. They have all of the same stats as the purple gear. However, they also offer you a specific perk that will help you in gameplay.
- Body Shield – This gives you +100 Shield Capacity and healing items will take half as long to consume.
- Helmet – This gives you a 25% reduction in damage, and it increases the charge speed of your tactical and ultimate abilities.
- Knockdown Shield – You get 750 HP Knockdown Shield, and you can revive yourself once when knocked down.
- Backpack – You receive an extra 6 inventory slots, and reviving a teammate will now give them an extra 50 shield and health.
Season 3 Gear – Body Shields
While the Legendary gear provides a bonus, you won’t find it that easily. If you don’t come across it in a game, you’ll need to prioritize your Season3 gear when looting. These are the stats of each Body Shield available in Season 3.
- Body Shield Level 1 – 50 extra Shield Capacity.
- Body Shield Level 2 – An Extra 75 Shield Capacity.
- Level 3 Body Shield – An extra 100 shield capacity.
- Body Shield Level 4 – This gives you an extra 100 shield capacity.
Apex Legends Season 3 Gear – Helmets
While Body Shields provide you with more overall health, helmets work a bit differently. These soften the damage that you take specifically from headshots. This effect is only advertised as applying to the bonus headshot damage. However, data miners have determined that this either isn’t the case or the mechanic doesn’t work how it should. This reduction is actually applied to all damage taken from a headshot.
- Helmet Level 1 – 10% Damage Reduction.
- Helmet Level 2 – 20% Damage Reduction.
- Level 3 Helmet – 25% Damage Reduction.
- Helmet Level 4 – 25% Total Damage reduction and a quicker recharge for tactical and ultimate abilities.
Knockdown Shields are a more recent addition to the game, but on that has made things a bit more interesting. Activating a knockdown shield after you’re knocked down will give you the space and time you need to be revived. These are quite important if you want your team to survive through to the final rounds. These are the Knockdown Shields available as part of the Season 3 gear.
- Knockdown Shield Level 1 – 100 HP Knockdown Shield.
- Knockdown Shield Level 2 – 250 Health Knockdown Shield.
- Level 3 Knockdown Shield – 750 Health Knockdown Shield.
- Knockdown Shield Level 4 – 750 Health Knockdown Shield, and you can self revive one time.
Backpacks are a fairly simple item but one that players can easily neglect. They give you extra backpack space for a game. Since so many options and items are now available in-game, this extra inventory space does become quite important. This gives you greater freedom with your loadout. These are the pieces of Season 3 Gear available:
- Backpack Level 1 – This gives you 2 extra inventory slots.
- Backpack Level 2 – This gives you 4 extra inventory slots.
- Level 3 Backpack – This gives you 6 extra inventory slots.
- Backpack Level 4 – This gives you 6 extra inventory slots and gives teammates you revive 50 shield and health.
That is all of the gear that is currently available in Apex Legends. The Season 3 gear is diverse enough to give you some variety. However, there is also quite a bit more of it now in the game. This means looting is more important than ever. If you want to make the most out of looting and get the bets Season 3 gear, you should be heading to the right spots on the map. Having the best loadout is going to be helpful for finishing the Halloween event, using the right settings and getting the best frames per second in the game will also help with that.