Apex Legends latest season is now live in the game. Season 8 is bringing a new legend, new gun, and some huge map changes to the game. That’s along with the normal changes to how the game works. The general theme of the season might as well be explosives. The new Legend is based around using explosives in game, and King’s Canyon has been completely blown up. These big changes in Apex Legends Season 8 are sure to shake things up. This is what you need to know about the new Season, and what’s changed.
Apex Legends Season 8
Apex Legends Season 8 New Legend – Fuse
The most exciting addition of any new season is always the Legend. Apex Legend’s newest Season has brought Fuse into the game. This is a Legend focused on the offensive, with a lot of explosive abilities. His powers give him access to cluster bombs to throw, a powerful ring of fire, and even a permanently expanded inventory. This Legend doesn’t seem like the most technical to play, but using him well is going to require quite a bit of game sense and knowledge about positioning.
New Weapon – 30-30 Repeater
The 30-30 Repeater is the new weapon added in with Apex Legends Season 8. This is a lever action weapon that uses heavy ammo, so it packs quite the punch. The rifle has a fairly unique mechanic with its reload. You need to reload between shots one at a time. So you can use the weapon before a full reload, if you can adjust to the kind of rhythm that’s going on. The weapon has a unique mechanic, but one that most players won’t have too hard a time adjusting too. It looks like a fun addition and one that has a unique niche.
Last Season saw the introduction of a new map, but attention is back on King’s Canyon for Apex Legends Season 8. However, the place has kind of been trashed.
A ship has crashed into the map, reforming segments and causing a lot of destruction. There are some new POIs dotted around the map too. Observation towers in particular are going to spice things up, adding snipers nests and some very high ground.
After a few delays, Apex Legends Season 8 is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game will be available on the platform on March 9th 2021, so players on Nintendo can get into the action a few years after release!
Other Changes in Apex Legends Season 8
Those are all of the major changes to Apex Legends Season 8. However, there are plenty of smaller adjustments and quality of life improvements. These are the main things to know that have been altered:
- Damage Counter – This has been added into the HUD.
- Pings – Pinging ammo now displays your current ammo count.
- Lore in Skins – Some skins now have a little blurb going over the lore that’s involved in them. Something fun if you like collecting the rarest Apex Legends skins.
- Wraith – Hitbox changes
- Rampart – Shell angle increased, wall health in build phase increased.
- Horizon – Gravity Lift Cooldown increased as cooldown now starts when previous lift disappears.
- Octane – Launch pad altered
- Crypto – Arc Stars can no longer stick to friendly drones.
- Lova – Eye for Quality now shows loot inside of care packages.
- Mirage – Decoys given footstep sounds.
There are also some minor changes to the weapon balance, but nothing that throws off the best Apex Legends weapons.
Apex Legends Season 8 Esports
Apex Legends Season 8 looks like a fun expansion to the game. The competitive scene for the title is as alive as ever however. These are the events to watch if you’re looking for the best Apex Legends Pro Players. If you follow competitive events or you’re looking into them, then these are the big tournaments to watch out for on the horizon:
- Japan Series (Feb 6- 7 – Prize pool of $9552
- ALGS Winter Circuit Continues (Feb 20-28 in Various Reigons)
- FFL Tournaments Season 4 (Ongoing until Feb 23) – Prize pool $2860
- PRO Main Event (Mar 2) – Prize pool of $5000
You can find most of these on the Twitch channels for either the organizer, or the general Apex stream.
That’s everything you need to know about Apex Legends Season 8. If you’re looking to improve your performance across the season, then our guides to Apex Legends can help you work on any area: