If you’re not satisfied with all the new content that Season 9 has brought, a big new event is about to launch in Fortnite with a host of unique game modes and fresh content for you to play. This is going to be a big ongoing event, with unique challenges and content coming every day. Epic’s latest season event celebrates the beginning of summer. Over the next two weeks, 14 Days of Summer will run every day.
Starting on July 25th, Epic is on unvaulting a weapon from Fortnite’s past each day. Each weapon will only be available in game for one day. While it isn’t worth adjusting your usual go-to weapons, it will be fun while it lasts. Each day is also going to bring a daily challenge with a free reward. If you’re looking to get as much loot as you can from this event, you need to be fulfilling this challenge every day. There will also be some summer themed outfits in the Item Shop.
A new creative island will be featured each day during the 14 days of Summer. Between all of this content, there is a lot to be playing over the next two weeks. However, the main event is the new game modes.
14 Days of Sumer’s Game Modes
The main event of 14 Days of Summer is the limited time game modes that are coming. Each day will see a brand new game come into the rotation. We don’t currently know what order you will play these in. If you want to catch all of them you need to check in every day.
Heavy Metal Squads
- The only weapons available are those of the ‘Heavy’ variety.
- Your harvesting rate for metal has been increased.
- Storms move much faster, even if your weapons are heavier you need to go fast.
Storm Chasers: Surfin’
- Everyone starts the game with a vehicle.
- Impulses steadily come into your inventory throughout the match.
- You’re going to be playing in Squads. There aren’t many solo events during 14 Days of Summer.
- Squads game
- New item Water Balloon is the main weapon.
- Respawns are turned on.
- You win if you reach the required score fastest.
Power Up Solos
- Respawns are turned on. However, you won’t be able to respawn for the entire game.
- Your max shield increases every time you use a shield
- Shields drops are increased, so you shouldn’t have trouble finding any.
- Your shield will be filled to its max. This happens when respawns are turned off for the rest of the game.
- Try to drink as many shields as possible before respawn is turned off to give yourself the most protection possible for the rest of the game.
Leave None Behind Duos
- While no teammates are down, Slurp effects are constantly active. This gives you a constant refill of health or shield.
- Downed teammates are immune to damage.
- While a teammate is downed, all other teammates will begin to gradually take damage.
- The team that doesn’t get downed will win.
Use with Care Duos
- You drop in with an initial amount of materials for building.
- You cannot gain any more materials than this, you need to put it to good use.
- Last player alive wins after all the resources have been used.
14 Day’s of Summer Other Limited Time Modes
- Only headshots deal damage, nothing else will work.
- No shotguns.
Tank Battle Squads
- Your starting health and shield are considerably higher than normal.
- Siphon is turned on
- Ammo increased
- No healing. You get as long as your initial health lasts you.
Builders Paradise Squads
- This mode is for builders to show off their skills.
- Structure health is greatly increased, although anyone can edit your buildings.
- You harvest resources at a much faster rate.
- Any player can edit any other player’s walls.
Wick’s Bounty Duos
- You begin the game with weapons and three lives.
- Eliminate targets as they appear on the map, you gain a coin to prove you made the kill.
- The first player to collect the required amount of coins wins.
- You start each game with a selection of high-level weapons. Although you won’t keep them.
- When you eliminate another player, your weapons become worse.
- You win when you eliminate another player with the final weapon.
- Similar to Team Rumble, but with a few changes.
- Respawning is active.
- All weapons are green or higher.
- You win when you reach the required score.
Loadout Swap Squads
- A timer runs throughout the game. When it goes off, every player is granted a new loadout.
- You have to compete for points to win, so you should be able to load up on points with a good loadout. However, you will need to score points across many different rounds to win.
- Respawns are on so your ability to adapt is being tested. Despite the different weapons, you need to succeed with every loadout.
Strategic Structures Squads
- This game mode is about being careful when building.
- Metal and stone building has higher health, a faster harvesting rate, and lower inventory caps.
These limited time modes are going to run in random order. If you want to play all of them, you’re going to need to play every day! You’ve got a lot to do if you want to complete every daily challenge. Getting caught up on Fortbytes will help take the pressure off, giving you more time to focus on the daily challenges.