The final update of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1 is expected to come in next week. However, recent days have seen the removal of the last seasonal batch of content and the game return to a fairly static state. Fortnite has come under fire recently for becoming a bit stale in its extended Season. To liven things up, Epic has finally unveiled the Chapter 2 Overtime challenges for Fortnite! These challenges give players something to strive for if they’re finding themselves at a loose end for the final few weeks of the season.
Overtime challenges are usually released close to the end of a season. However, this time around Epic has pushed them out with about a month to go in-game. This gives plenty of time to unlock the extra content from this season. Chapter 2 Overtime challenges allow you to unlock additional forms and styles for the Battle Pass skins. Over the course of the next few weeks, various challenges will cycle in and out of the game to give players the opportunity to rack up some XP. If you want to get everything the Season has to offer, then completing these challenges is a must.
The Fortnite Chapter 2 Overtime challenges aren’t the most difficult things in the game. As with most challenges, they’re pretty achievable if you know what you’re doing. If you sit down and focus on specifically completing these tasks, you should be able to unlock what you need to pretty quickly, especially compared with playing aimlessly.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Overtime Challenges Guide
The first batch of Chapter 2 Overtime challenges are Remedy Vs Toxin. This gives you a new outfit for this style, the Medaxe Harvesting tool and the Antidote back bling. These are the tasks you need to complete.
- Visit Three Different Food Trucks – Their locations are marked on the map above. These aren’t all of the food trucks found on the map, but these three are easy to reach.
- Earn 3 Survivor Medals – You receive these for reaching the top 25. You can always hide out in a hidden spot to get this one.
- SMG Eliminations X3
- Search 7 Chests at Landmarks
- Reach 100 of Both Health and Shield in 3 Different Matches – Easily achieved with the Slurp locations in-game.
- Deal Damage with a Common, Uncommon, and Rare Weapon in a Single Match x 3
- Deal 2500 Damage to Enemy Structures
- Visit 3 Different Bus Stops in a Single Match – Marked on the map below.
- Achieve Weapon Specialist Accolades by Dealing Damage with 5 Weapons
- Be the First to Catch a Fish, First to Land from the Battle bus, or First to Get an Elimination – This is pretty easy if you hit up a fishing hole or luck out with the route of the Battle Bus
These Overtime Challenges shouldn’t be too hard to complete with the help of those maps and hints. Some of the challenges though rely on you actually dealing damage and taking out opponents. To do that you’re going to need to really know how to use Chapter 2’s weapon roster. With these finished up, you’ll have to wait to see what’s coming to Fortnite next.