The latest update has brought the Predator from the popular movie series into Fortnite. He’s here as an in-game skin, and as a boss floating around in the world of the Battle Royale. One thing that is particularly exciting about this addition though is the item that the Fortnite Predator drops. Like many of the boss characters in the game, this one drops a unique weapon or item when killed. This one allows you to become invisible.
This item is bizarrely unbalanced! Players can’t see you at all when you’re utilizing it. In gameplay, it has already proven to be a pretty useful addition. As you can imagine competition is currently high to get the item in-game. This guide covers the Fortnite predator location, how to kill it, and the glitch that can extend your invisibility indefinitely!
Fortnite Predator Location – Where to Find the Predator?
The Fortnite Predator is relatively easy to find on the map. He’s located in the Stealthy Stronghold marked on the map here:
Inside of that POI you can find the specific location of his ship, this is the best starting point for looking for the Fortnite Predator. The character himself will be somewhere around here, but he can move as he chases players. He will also be invisible, so your best bet to see him is waiting till you get attacked or see another player fighting him.
You can partially find the predator just by following the masses of players landing around there to grab this OP item!
How to Kill the Predator in Fortnite
Most boss characters in Fortnite have a relatively simple way to be taken down. Even the irritating ones like IO guards are more of an annoyance thanks to their numbers than a challenge. Every now and again though, they add in an NPC which is a genuine threat. The Predator can probably count as this. Most decent players can take him down, but it is difficult to do so at the start of the match without a bit of luck in looting. These are some tips for the proper way to take him down:
- Seeing the Predator – The Fortnite Predator is invisible, but an outline and distortion effect are faintly visible. Unfortunately the jungle area of the Stronghold is one of the better backgrounds for him to blend in against, which is kind of the original gimmick of the character in the film.
- Attacks – The Predator attacks up close using claws, similar to Wolverine. These can do a lot of damage, especially early in the game. Try not to get caught up.
- Keep Your Distance – Since it is an up close fighter, keep your distance to stay safe from attacks.
- Best Weapons – Use a mid range weapon like one of many ARs that are currently in the game. Just keep firing at him and eventually you’re going to do enough damage.
- Height – Keep to the higher ground to try to hold him back.
- Third Party – It is probably easiest to third party the Predator and another player. He will be distracted with another player, and you can engage for a while before he comes after you.
How to Use The Predator Cloaking Device
The unique item that the Fortnite Predator drops is the Cloaking device. This bit of equipment gives you the same powers of invisibility used by the Predator. However, it does have some drawbacks and conditions on use for actual players. This is how it works:
- You use the fire button to turn the cloaking device on, then become invisible for a period. The version of yourself that you see is what other players do. There is a faint outline and a bit of a pattern, more so when moving. Up close, most players should notice should you running around.
- It lasts for 30 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown between uses.
- If you switch weapons while it is in use, it will turn off and you’ll have to wait for the whole cooldown.
- If you enter water, it turns off.
- Pretty much anything other than moving cancels it out and gives you the full cooldown, so it isn’t great for combat situations.
- The enter and exit animations of turning off and on are a little longer than ideal too, so be wary when sneaking up on other players.
- This item is fantastic for repositioning. In the late-game it becomes a very useful tool. Use it to put yourself in that optimal position, but be sure to switch off at least a few seconds before entering a firefight to avoid getting caught in the animation.
The Fortnite Predator Permanent Invisible Glitch
The Predator cloaking device can make you invisible for periods of 30 seconds, but there is currently a glitch that lets you use the power indefinitely. Obviously this glitch is going to get patched soon but in the meantime it can be fun to run around without limitations! To do it, you need to deactivate your internet connection while cloaked, then immediately reconnect. If you’re fast enough, you’ll be put back in the game permanently invisible!
This glitch is a bit of fun but keep in mind when using it that Epic don’t like players taking advantage of bugs. Use it for fun, and don’t use the glitch to get a Victory Royale or you risk a ban. Just using it to have fun in lobbies isn’t punished however, only when you use it for an advantage over other players who are competing fairly.
That’s everything you need to know about the Fortnite Predator. It will be in the game for the rest of the season, so it is best to get used to spotting those cloaked platters as soon as possible! Our other guides to Fortnite can help you improve your gameplay in other areas too:
- The Best Fortnite Settings
- Improving Your Frames per Second in Fortnite
- Fortnite Rotation Guide
- How to Build Like the Pros in Fortnite
- Fortnite Season 5 Weapons Guide