Fortnite Season 10 has been a dramatic few weeks so far. The updates are coming thick and fast, although they are more often setting things right than bringing anything new. The latest is the V10.20 Content Update. This adds in quite a few new things, but the corrections from the last patch are just as interesting.
The unpopular changes to the Turbo Building mechanic have been reverted with this V10.20 Content Update. This should put things back to normal for most players. The B.R.U.T.E mechs have been disabled since a bug was discovered, they will be re-enabled from the Monday after the update. This might not be news too many players are happy about it, but it is something to keep in mind.
New Additions from V10.20 Content Update
These are the two major additions in the V10.20 Content Update:
The latest area of the map to be hit by changes is the Floating Island, this has returned along with the Motel on top of it. It can be difficult to keep track of all of these map changes, but in general, take it as assumed that this location will be busy straight after release.
The island is completely separated from the ground of the map. You can enter the island by going through a low-gravity vortex. The floating island will move around the map as the game progresses.
The Zapper Trap is an exciting new weapon in the game. It is enabled in every game mode if you’re looking for something to help you take down the returned mechs. This is how it works:
- Thrown Consumable Item
- On Impact, it creates a trap on both sides of a building piece.
- If it hits something not built, it will automatically build a wall and then deploy a trap.
- The trap shocks players who enter a tile’s space of it.
- It deals 50 damage.
- They have a single second delay between deployment and triggering.
- When triggered, traps have a delay of 0.5 seconds before firing.
- After firing, there is a cooldown of 2 seconds before they can fire again.
- Only in Epic Rarity.
- You can find the Zapper Trap in Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- They drop in stacks of 2.
- You can carry up to 4.
Changes in V1020 Content Update from Hotfixes
The last week has seen quite a few hotfixes pushed out, the V10.20 Content Update is good time to assess these:
- Overheat sound removed from Minigun.
- Turbo Building changes reverted, but not entirely back to where they should be.
- The Air Stomp on the B.R.U.T.E mechs has been fixed.
The Turbo-Building changes have had a lot of up and downs in the last few days. You should now be able to Turbo-Build again. However, there are some fresh changes to the mechanic. While you can once again perform 90s, Epic have balanced this with other changes. They were trying to address the balance of Turbo-Building since the delay didn’t do the job they’re trying something different.
When a piece of a structure is destroyed, there will now be a timer of 0.15 seconds before you can place another piece in its place. This change might not sound like much, but it will prevent players spamming turbo-building for cover. If this is a tactic you’ve relied on, it might be time to brush up on your close combat to find a different way to protect yourself.
If you want to continue to win games after the V10.20 Content Update, you need to ensure you’re using the right settings and getting the best frames per second possible to minimize the impact of those split-second delays in Turbo-Building.