PUBG’s developers have released their latest development update. This announcement has given players a bit more information on what direction PUBG is expected to take going forward. The video contained lots of insights and peaks at some of the most exciting things coming to PUBG soon. While more and more Battle Royales are competing for your attention, PUBG definitely has enough going on to bring you back to the original.
The upcoming content in PUBG is going to focus on what PUBG has done best; realistic gunplay, combined with strategic survival mechanics. Unlike Fortnite’s sense of randomness and fun or Apex Legend’s sci-fi hero focus, PUBG has always focused on realistic gunplay and in-depth strategic mechanics. This latest content update looks set to double down on this approach.
Upcoming Content from PUBG Development Update
This PUBG development update has given us a glimpse at a lot of content coming to PUBG in the future. This stuff isn’t coming to the game immediately. However, it is currently being worked on. These additions make take a little while to materialise, but they will be worth the wait.
- Ledge Grab– A ledge grab mechanic has been announced in this PUBG development Update. This addition will help players use the map in entirely new ways. The footage showed off depicts players using the ledge grab to climb up surfaces and buildings that were previously inaccessible to PUBG players. This new mechanics will completely change the way you navigate maps.
- BRDM– This vehicle was also announced to be in development. This one sets itself apart from other armoured vehicles available by being amphibious. It works in the water! This is a major change and will provide players with whole new ways to travel across water. Like ledge grab, this addition will open up the existing maps in entirely new ways. It also just looks fun, driving an armoured vehicle through the water.
- Continuing Weapon Balancing– This PUBG development Update has confirmed that continual updates to weapon balancing will continue. This isn’t much of a surprise since balance is still being adjusted on a pretty regular basis. However, with new mechanics added into the game balancing changes to existing content is going to be essential to keep this in check.
Progression System and Season 4
One of the bigger changes to PUBG announced in this development update is the addition of bigger progressions systems. These new mechanics will incentivise players to progress through the game with larger tracking for both combat and survival.
- Weapons Mastery– This new system will provide much more intensive tracking of your performance with each weapon. Performing better with each weapon will allow you to progress through this new system. Players will earn awards by performing better with weapons. This system will help players develop with specific weapons. This system suits PUBG quite well. Unlike other Battle Royales, realistic combat pushes players towards specialising. This system will reward that specialising.
- Survival Progression System – A separate progression system will be available to incentivise players who focus more on survival. This PUBG development update focused on the balance between survival and gunplay, this progression system will fulfil the other half of this balance. Like weapons mastery, this system will reward players for developing their survival skills.
Development Update on Season 4
The development update also gave some details on events and content coming a little sooner. While those updates are exciting, it is currently unknown how far away they are.
- Season 4 –Season 4 of PUBG will focus on the Erangel map. This is the original map in PUBG, so most players know it inside and out. This update will completely re-vamp the map. After the last update made Vikendi a sniper-focused battlefield, this new update should bring something fresh to this map.
- Themed Seasons – Going forward, seasons will be centred on one specific theme. They will include new features and a focused survivors pass.
This new content should be enough to keep PUBG players interested for a long while to come. Until the new additions appear in-game, this is a good time to refresh yourself on some of the basics of PUBG and get ready for this new content.