The latest generation of consoles has just released, bringing a whole lot more power to console gaming. These machines are quite a step up from the last generation. Even in games like Fortnite or Warzone which are entirely multi-platform, there is a difference in how your console can run the game. The PS5 has a much easier time running Fortnite in a decent quality than the PS4. It is noticeably quieter and can run the game a lot smoother. You’re going to get faster load times and better fidelity from the game. To make the most out of it though, you’ve got to be using the best Fortnite PS5 settings.
As with any other platform though, it isn’t optimized upon download. If you want to get the most out of the game, you need to be running the best Fortnite settings for PS5. This guide covers what you need to change and the effect it can have on how your game plays. Along with the controversial topic for console competitive games lately, the FPS gap between the two platforms.
Can Fortnite Run in 120FPS On PS5?
One major drawback of playing on console has always been that cap in your frames per second. It has always been what holds the game back from hitting those higher benchmarks. So can the PS5 run Fortnite in 120 FPS? At the moment, no. However, it might be able to soon.
The Xbox Series X has similar innards to the PS5 and that is able to hit 120 fps in Fortnite. According to developers of similar games, the PS5 is capable of hitting the same benchmarks, but it just isn’t offering the tools for games to do so. With this in mind, it isn’t ridiculous to think that PS5 Fortnite will be bumped up soon too. Since the two consoles share a lobby, they’re going to need to be operating at the same frames per second to compete fairly.
What Does This Mean for Fortnite PS5?
While the big action is played on the PC, Fortnite holds tournaments on both consoles with only console players competing. There is a lot of prize money involved. So what does it mean now that one-half of the competitors is running the game at double the frame rate of the other?
It probably means Xbox Series X Fortnite players are going to be dominating these events. It isn’t like you shouldn’t compete, but you might struggle compared with the Xbox players in the current situation.
The Best Fortnite PS5 Settings
Fortnite on PS5 has some different options available than it did on PS4. Although, just like PS4 you’re going to need to be using the best Fortnite PS5 settings if you want to make the most out of it. You don’t have the same options for settings as you would on a PC. However, even among these more limited options, there are some settings that you’ll need to adjust if you want to get the most out of it. This is what you need to know:
- Brightness – This should already be bright enough but turn it up if you’re struggling.
- Show FPS – The PS5’s frame rate is capped, so it doesn’t matter much if you have it on here.
- Matchmaking Region – Your closest region.
- Sprint by Default – This one can go both ways. If you turn it on, then you can use that button for a separate input.
- Auto-Open Doors – Off.
- Toggle Targeting –
- Auto Pick Up Weapons –
- Auto Sort Consumables to the Right –
- Reset Building Choice – This isn’t too important if you’re using the right building controls.
- Aim Assist – This is just extra help, so no point in turning it off.
- Turbo Building –
- Control Scheme – Builder Pro. You can use individual buttons for each building piece, making it much easier to build on a controller.
- Confirm Edit on Release – This can really speed things up, so on.
- Tap to Search Interact – This one isn’t too important if you’re playing claw, but if not then turn it on so your thumbs can move back to the sticks when searching.
- HUD Scale – You might want to downsize this since Chapter 2 likes to fill 1/3 or the screen with various bars.
Sensitivities and Inputs
Sensitivities are more complicated than other settings, especially with a controller. A really low sensitivity works great on a PC, but not with a controller. A lot of the perfect sensitivity for you comes down to what suits you and your muscle memory. Still, there are some general recommendations:
- Sensitivity X – 0.9
- Sensitivity Y – 0.8
- Targeting Sensitivity – 0.5 – 7
- Scope Sensitivity – 0.45 – 0.6
Another key part of your controls for Fortnite PS5 is your edit keybinds, which you can actually use on a controller. To do this, you need to change your control scheme to custom. There you can set your edit controls to bind particular edits to other keys. This can really speed up editing but be sure to put the rest of your controls into the custom scheme.
Those are the settings that you’ll need to adjust to get the most out of Fortnite PS5. Our other guides to Fortnite can help you improve how you play outside of mechanical skill though:
- The Best Fortnite Settings
- Fortnite Season 4 Weapons Guide
- Who are the Best Fortnite Players?
- Improving Your Frames per Second in Fortnite
- Fortnite Rotation Guide
- How to Build Like the Pros in Fortnite