The core of Apex Legends’ gameplay has always been its playable Legends. The addition of a new one is always one of the most exciting times in-game. The latest to come to the game is Fuse. This is a Legend that has been promoted as built for beginners but actually appears to have plenty of depth for those with more experience. His abilities include a lot of frags and bomb-like attacks. This is going to have great offensive potential, and players will have to spend some time figuring out positioning for these weapons. This Fuse guide covers the Legend’s abilities and how you can go about using them to cause the most possible damage.
As with any Legend, Fuse’s abilities have a lot of depth. While they could be used just to hand out damage, they appear to have a big upside when it comes to zoning and positioning. You can effectively use them to control the flow of players, beak up teams, and breach buildings without having to blow through a lot of health and kit. Fuse’s surface level reading is that he can throw out explosives to do damage, but the Legend has a lot of potential for co-ordinated teams. This is what you need to know about playing Fuse.
Passive Ability – Grenadier
Fuse’s passive ability allows you to carry one extra grenade in your inventory. You can also launch grenades quicker and with greater accuracy. Like with other passives, this one is a constant bonus rather than something you have to tactically use at a certain time. However, it makes sense to use the entire loadout for whatever you want, and keep that extra slot for your grenades.
There isn’t any extra strategy with this Passive Ability. However, be aware you can throw things a bit further, so get used to the extra range.
Fuse Tactical Ability – Knuckle Cluster
The Knuckle Duster ability allows you to launch a cluster bomb. After firing, it will split open into a batch of smaller bombs that can cover a wide area. This is an explosive attack, but given the spread of the bombs it can actually be helpful for zoning. You can throw it out to force enemies to leave a specific spot. That’s on top of the actual damage it can deal out. These are some tips for this ability:
- Sticks do extra damage – This is obviously the best way to use it for gettings damage. Although, it is easier said than done. This is going to rely on aim and particularly tracking given the projectile’s movement.
- Pressure – A great use for Knuckle Cluster is to pressure players out of a tight position. If someone is peeking and holding you off, throw this out. The spread of the bombs will scuttle them out giving you the opportunity.
- Break Up Teams – The Knuckle Cluster’s spread can be effective in breaking up a team if timed right. It should send them panicking outside of the blast zone, which might end up being in different directions, giving you the space to clear them as Fuse.
- Coordination – Since this bomb is going to disrupt players in its landing zone, coordinate with your teammates. Make the most out of the chaos by having everyone ready.
- Interiors – As long as Wattson doesn’t have abilities defending, Knuckle Clusters is perfect for breaching builders. You can throw it in to scatter players and make space to head inside. Although, a lot of players may be using Wattson for protection from moves like this.
Ultimate Ability – The Motherlode
Fuse’s Ultimate ability is the big one. This is an attack that traps enemies in fire. Pinning them down and causing damage if they move too far. Like with his tactical ability this has an obvious offensive potential but even more for zoning. You can use it to control the flow of players in a firefight. When combined with zoning abilities of other Legends, this kind of move can go a long way. These are some tips for getting the most out of it:
- Damage – Next to Gibraltar, this is the highest damage ultimate. It is even hard to avoid, so this is going to really rack up the damage. This does major damage, slows, and increases its damage over time.
- Verticality – The best way to avoid this ultimate is to get higher. Try to use it in situations where this isn’t going to work, or players will be able to get away from it.
- Zoning – This attack is really big. So its zoning potential can completely throw an area into dissarray. You can clear out a lot of people by forcing them to take a lot of damage or cede the territory.
- Caught by Fire and the Storm – A fun use for this Ultimate is to trap players between taking fire damage or heading into the storm. If played at the right spot, you can force a team into choosing between taking one lot of damage and taking another.
Fuse Tips and Tricks
Those are the abilities that Fuse has in the game. Using them at the right time goes a long way towards using this Legend well. However, there is more that you can do. These are some general tips and tricks for playing Fuse in Apex Legends:
- Push Players on the Defensive – Fuse is a great Legend for punishing campers and breaking any players who are going on the defensive. His abilities let you move players out of their stronghold positions with ease. On top of that, you always have a grenade handy if you’re waiting on a recharge timer.
- Combinations – Fuse’s Ultimate works great when combined with other ults. The fire ring can encircle the ult of another character like Caustic, to create a complete trap.
- Grenades – A more basic tip for Fuse, but always have grenades handy. Make sure you’re not forgetting to pick them up because of your full inventory.
That’s everything you need to know for a Fuse guide. If you’re looking to improve in Apex Legends outside of using the new Legend, our other guides can help you out: