Season 3 of Apex Legends has brought some big changes to the game. While everyone had gotten used to the Battle Royale title following the first two seasons of the game, Season 3 has brought enough fresh to the title that it feels new again. With the game has changed so much since release, it is a great time to get to grips with these new Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks.
With so many changes to the game, it’s important to refresh yourself. Players who haven’t played the game in a while may need a brief refresher. Even if you’ve been playing solidly since release, you may have settled into some bad habits. These Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks have something to help any type of player to improve. Beginners, solid players, and even expert players all have something they can learn about the game to help them to improve.
Beginner Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks
These Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks are suited to beginners. If you’re only just starting with the game, this is what you need to get off to the best start.
- Squads – At the moment, only Squads of three are playable. In the past, there have been events of different formats. This isn’t like Fortnite where a lot of modes are playable at once. While the Solo mode was available during an event in Season 2, it isn’t currently in play. Most players are expecting this to make a return during this season if you don’t care for playing with teams.
- 60 Players – There are only 60 players in each game. While this is less than games like Fortnite or PUBG, Apex Legends is a really mobile game. You’ll end up encountering players quite a lot.
- Rounds – Each game runs for eight rounds. The ring slowly closes in on the map throughout these rounds. Games rarely reach the final round, however.
- Communication – As well as voice chat, there is a great Ping system. You can ping locations, loot, weapons, anything really. This is a really extensive system that it is worth getting to grips with.
- Legends – You get to choose between a number of unique Legends when you start the game. Each has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Abilities – Each Legend has 3 abilities. While each has 3 unique abilities, some are similar.
- Passive Ability – This is always active. However, it isn’t much a boost compared with other abilities.
- Tactical Ability – This ability is a bit stronger. Each of these has a cooldown and gives you something extra to work with.
- Ultimate Ability – This ability is the big one. It is a large scale attack or bonus you can use. However, these take a while to charge up, use them wisely.
Apex Legends Season 3 Tips and Tricks
- World’s Edge – The old map has been replaced with this new larger map. It features more diverse areas compared with the old one. It is particularly helpful for snipers.
- Loot – While loot is randomized, there is a pattern. Areas have a set amount of loot contained. Some areas will consistently spawn better loot. However, these tend to be popular landing spots.
- Ziplines – The game features zip lines that make traveling around the map easier. The vertical balloon ziplines will also give you some height. When this happens, you get to reuse your dropping in rockets.
- Falling – There is no fall damage! While you can jump off of anywhere you want, climbing back up can be a hassle.
Apex Legends Season 3 Tips and Tricks
These Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks will help out players who are already competent. A lot of this is based on the balance of the game that players have figured out since release.
- Hitboxes – Every legend has different hitboxes. This makes picking a character a bit like doing so in a fighting game. Each character has different areas where they take more or less damage.
- Gold Gear – This stuff isn’t actually any better than Purple loot in terms of its stats. While it may seem cooler, it isn’t worth the time searching it out.
- Speed – Every character moves at the same speed irrelevant of how they look.
- Out of Bounds – If you use the ziplines to climb up high, you get a warning. Getting very high on a cliff will provoke a message telling you to get down. However, you have about half a minute up there you can use if it serves your strategy.
- Sounds – You need to listen out for Audio clues. This includes gunfire, footprints, and the audio that comes with nearby enemies.
- Drift and Drop – There is bullet drop and aim drift in the game. You need to keep this in mind when aiming.
- Finish Him! – If an enemy is knocked down, you can use the interact key to perform a finisher move. However, this locks you into an animation that can make you a bit of a target.
- Attachments – These auto attach to your weapons when you pick them up, saving some inventory time.
- Doors – Doors won’t open if you’re holding them closed. However, a player can still smash it down.
Expert Apex Legends Season 3 Tips and Tricks
These tips and tricks area bit more advanced and deal with things that even committed players might not have spotted over the course of the game.
- Octane Launch Pads – This launch pads will send you up even higher if you jump on them. While this is helpful, it is easy to miss.
- Bunny Hops – Bunny hopping can be performed by hitting the jump button while sliding. This isn’t great for moving around. However, if you’re healing it is pretty helpful. It makes you a fast and small target.
- Overheating – The overheating mechanics of some weapons can be avoided. While it needs some practice, this Apex Legends Season 3 tips and tricks can really help you out. Fire in smaller bursts to avoid overheating.
- Bleed Out – It takes 90 seconds to die after being knocked down. The second time you get knocked down, it is 60 seconds. However, being respawned by another player can reset this timer for you.
- Gold Body Shield – This item has a reduction in the healing time. However, it doesn’t stack up with Lifeline’s abilities. This makes it a waste to use on Lifeline.
- No Invisibility – The abilities in the game might promise a lot, but none make you actually invisible. Mirage still leaves an outline around him and Wraith leaves a trail of movement. While it is still helpful, advanced players can spot these tells pretty easily.
- Crypto’s Drone – This can interact with Respawn banners and make it a lot easier to bring back a dead teammate.
These Apex Legends Season 3 Tips and Tricks should help you get the newest season off to the best start possible. However, you should also familiarise yourself with the new weapons in the game, map, and using the best Apex Legends Settings.