There is a lot to learn in Mordhau. Most of it isn’t going to be taught to you by the tutorial. Experienced Mordhau players have spent enough time in the game to have a deep understanding of its mechanics. However, as well as having an understanding of its mechanics they also have an understanding of how other players move around and are able to exploit this. These Mordhau tips and tricks will help you even the playing field with these players.
These Mordhau tips and tricks will run through some more advanced techniques for weapons and tactics for dueling. However, fighting isn’t everything. Being able to predict your enemy’s movement is just as important as your own. These tips and tricks will help you get an advantage over other players and win more Mordhau games.
Weapons and Shield in Mordhau Tips and Tricks
Some weapons in Mordhau are better than others. Some, aren’t really worth using. Even if you only ever use the same set of weapons, you need to know about others to properly counter them. These Mordhau tips and tricks go over some weapon strategy.
- If you have a two-handed weapon remember to use the half sword grip. Switching up your grip can break you out of a duel. If you’re fighting a spear, then a half-sword is going to be a much better counter. Suit your grip to what weapon you’re up against.
- Spears usually thrust. Players with spears know how strong their weapons are and how annoying they are. They tend to always thrust. With this in mind, it should be pretty simple to counter them.
- Mix up your Duelling Moves. A lot of players don’t alter their patterns when dueling. Remember to mix things up and keep enemies on their toes.
- Aggressively attack shields. Shields are fantastic for blocking but their users are often new to the game. Break through this constant blocking by continuously pushing them back. This will help you get a swipe in or drain their stamina. These Mordhau tips and tricks will help you counter untrained shield users.
- Attack second with heavy weapons. When you’re playing with a heavy weapon, attacking second gives you the advantage. Your slow and predictable attack will be easily countered if you strike first. Let your opponent take the first move and counter them. If you get a hit in, weapons like a Maul will be a one hit kill once you get a strike in.
Mordhau’s dueling is much more tactical than most shooters. Melee combat is complicated. However, these Mordhau tips and tricks can help you outsmart your opponent with superior tactics.
- Chase enemies. When an enemy runs, if you’re aiming at them then you will receive a speed boost to catch up with them. This makes it really simple to kill them.
- Never run away. To avoid falling victim to this yourself, don’t run away from a fight. Defending is much safer.
- Use combos. Dueling techniques are used by most players and they will be able to predict which you are using. The way to beat experienced players is to use combos. Using combos of various moves together will make you harder to predict and reduce the chances of a good counter or block.
- Dragging your sword. When swinging your sword, you can speed up or slow down your swing with your movement. Drag your mouse in the direction of the swing to speed up, and against it to slow down. This change in pace isn’t telegraphed to your opponent at all, making you unpredictable for bocks or chambers.
- Go for the legs. You have limited resources to work with in Mordhau. Most players don’t tend to spend these resources protecting their legs. You can take advantage of this by going for the legs, it’ll often be the worse defended spot.
- Judge by appearances. Try to read how a player has spent their points. If they’re using a high-ticket weapon then you should know that they’re going to be lacking in armor, use this to your advantages by exploiting the flaws of their class. If you can predict what equipment they have then you can counter it.