NPCs in Fortnite have been added in with the latest Season. They’re a pretty integral part of how everything works this time around. There are Fortnite bounties that these characters can activate, along with quests that allow you to earn gold. Essentially, if you want to get a decent loadout this Season you need to be engaging with the NPCs. The Fortnite NPCs are numerous, and you’ll need to speak to a lot of them if you plan to push through all of the challenges available this time around.
This Fortnite NPCs guide covers where you can find each character on the map and how their quests and dialogue work.
Fortnite NPCs Guide
How Do NPCs Work?
Fortnite NPCs are characters that are available, dotted around the map. Each of them has a couple of locations that they can appear in. Not every NPC spawns in every game. So if you’re looking for someone specific you might have to try a few games before you catch them. For those that have two locations, they’ll only spawn in one if they do appear in that game.
Each of the NPCs can give you a few options. These can be challenges, items you can buy, or the ability to upgrade a weapon. If you’re talking to them to complete a challenge, you usually just have to engage to complete it. These are the options that you’ll find:
- Bounty – Eliminate a specific opponent for a reward.
- Duel – Challenge the NPC to a fight to get specific loot.
- Upgrade – Upgrade your weapon’s tier for gold.
- Hire – You can hire some NPCs to act as your personal bodyguard.
- Quest – You can get a specific task assigned that you have to complete, like destroy bundles of hay or harvest wood.
Fortnite NPCs – Where to Find Them
Fortnite NPCs are integral to how things work this Season. So how can you go about finding them? It helps to know where they’re going to spawn so you track them down to complete challenges or buy that particular excotic weapon. This is where you can find each of the Fortnite NPCs:
- Bandolier – Flushed Factory
- Beef Boss – The Durr Burger or Durr Burger Food Truck
- Big Chuggus – Shanty Town or Slurpy Swamp. The listed third location for this aptly named NPC is a bug.
- Bigfoot – Weeping Woods, sea by Misty Meadows, or Catty Corner, or Retail Row.
- Blaze – Timber Tent or Pristine Point.
- Brutus – This NPC spawns at Dirty Docks. No mythic weapon this time around though.
- Bullseye – Steamy Stacks.
- Bunker Jonsey – Camp Cod or Shipwreck Cod. Strangely not near the Fortnite Secret Bunkers.
- Burnout – Sweaty Sand, FN Radio, or Steamy Stacks.
- Bushranger – The Orchard or Rapid’s Rest.
- Cole – Retail Row or Shipwreck Cove.
- Deadfire – Sheriff’s Office.
- Doggo – Pleasant Park or Retail Row.
- Dummy – Pleasant Park or Compact Card.
- Farmer Steel – Steel Farm.
- Fishstick – Coral Castle or Craggy Cliffs.
- Grimbles – Fort Crumpet.
- Kit – This Fortnite NPC is once again in Catty Corner.
- Kondor – Misty Meadows.
- Kyle – Weeping Woods or Lumber Lodge.
- Lexa – Hunter’s Haven.
- Longshot – Misty Meadows.
- Mancake – Butter Barn.
- Mandalorian – Star Wars POI South of Zero Point.
- Mave – Shipwreck Cove.
- Menace – Colossal Coliseum.
- Outcast – Sweaty Sands or Flopper Pond.
- Predator – Stealthy Stronghold.
- Ragnarok – Viking Vessel.
- Rapscallion – Holly Hedges or Lazy Lake.
- The Reaper – Boost Pad.
- Reese – Dirty Docks.
- Remedy – Hilltop House or Craggy Cliffs.
- Ruckus – This Fortnite NPC is in Hydro 16.
- Sleuth – Sweaty Sands or Retail Row.
- Sparkplug – Weeping Woods, Hydro 16, or Lazy Lake.
- Splode – Unremarkable Shack.
- Sunflower – The Orchid.
- Tomato head – The Pizza Pit or Pizza Pete’s Food Truck.
- Triggerfish – Crashed Cargo.
- Turk – This NPC is found at Steamy Stacks, Lake Canoe, and Lazy Lake Island.
Finding the Fortnite NPCs
That’s where you can find each of them. However, you won’t find every one in every game. Some can spawn in multiple locations and others aren’t always going to spawn. If you’re looking for them for a specific purpose though, you can find them in these spots. If you wear particular skins, matching NPCs may even have unique dialogue! Like confusing Jonsey by wearing a different Jonsey skin. If you’re looking to improve your performance in Fortnite Season 5, then our other guides can help you:
- Best Fortnite Settings
- Season 5 Fortnite Weapons Guide
- Fortnite Settings Xbox Series X
- Best Fortnite Settings PS5
- Best Landing Spots in Fortnite