At the heart of Valorant is its selection of agents. Knowing the best weapons in Valorant and how to use the economy is vital, but the agents are the core of the game. You’ll need to be well acquainted with each of them, and their ins and outs, to really excel at the game. Valorant frequently adds new agents, and in the most recent patch, they’re adding in Skye. This Valorant Skye guide covers what you need to know about this latest addition, how they play, and how you should be playing them.
Skye is a particularly interesting addition to the game. Skye is the first initiator to be added since the game launched. Given how the meta has drifted towards the defensive, this has come just in time. Skye’s abilities and kit are really interesting. They’re some of the most effective yet, but also have some of the biggest weaknesses and downsides. This Valorant Skye guide covers what you need to know about the newest agent. This is how the abilities work, and how you’ll need to use them.
Skye Valorant Guide
Skye is an initiator Agent in Valorant. While there are already a few in the game, Skye is the first new addition since the game started. Initiators work well with aggressive players, but it doesn’t mean she is simple to play. Skye requires good map knowledge, along with good knowledge of tactics. Skye’s abilities are perfect for pushing forward, but they need to be used tactically. This is what you need to know:
This is Skye’s first ability, it is a curveable flash frag attack in the game. What really makes it unique though is the charges and the cost. You can get three charges at only 100 credits each. This is a really economic ability that you’ll want to be throwing out often. This is what you need to know:
- It is sent outward as a Hawk. This will aim towards where your crosshair is pointed, so you can control and detonate it at just the right spot. It can be difficult to control at first, but this lets you aim at from really unique angles.
- The hawk can be shot and destroyed. So you need to keep this in mind. It won’t detonate if it is destroyed early. So if you’re sending into a group of enemies, doing so from a distance isn’t going to work.
- The ability also has a time management bar. It decreases down from 4 seconds. You need to detonate it before this or it will disappear without detonating at all.
- It takes time to get the feel for when to detonate with Guiding Light, and when how to control it when playing as Skye.
- You move at a normal speed when it is being cast outward. So you can use it to frag immediately ahead without slowing down.
Trailblazer -Valorant Skye Guide
This is another ability that sends an attack outwards. This time, you control a tiger. You hit fire to leap forward. Once it hits an enemy, it will release energy blasts that damage the player directly. This one can do a lot of damage when used correctly. These are some tips:
- This concusses enemies as well as hurting them!
- It has great use as intel gathering or pushing enemies away from an angle they’re holding. You might not do much damage, but you can move them or get intel.
- As an intel tool, it works great. Because if it gets close enough to play that it is going to be neutralized, you can do some damage and start an attack too.
- It only lasts 5 seconds, but with the right distance, it can do a lot.
- It can be destroyed fairly easily, but placement is vital.
- Use it to scout out upcoming angles and pushes enemies off of a line of sight.
- It is really cost-effective once you’ve mastered it.
Uniquely for an initiator, this is actually a healing ability. When holding the fire button, you heal allies in range and line of sight. You can’t heal yourself, but you can get your teammates. For Skye, this is a particularly weird ability. This is what you need to know about it:
- This ability can’t refill its health pool, so it isn’t infinitely useful.
- The heal is a lot slower for Skye than with Sage.
- This is how the healing is balanced since Skye doesn’t really need an overpowered healing mechanic alongside the rest of her kit.
- So how do you make the best use of it? Obviously, you need to get it out when players are in range.
- You can easily waste it by popping at the wrong time since the healing pool is pretty limited.
- It may be reductive to say you need good communication to make the most of it, but this is really the most important thing here.
- This is best used after a skirmish or a push. It isn’t a full heal or anything, but you can help everyone back out after a big push.
- This is useful in offense and defense, just pop it after a skirmish.
Seekers – Valorant Skye Guide
Seekers is Skye’s Ultimate ability. This sends out three seekers which track down the closest enemies. If it hits a target, it near sights them. This can be great if you use it at the right time. It doesn’t feel as OP as some other Ultimates, but it can actually be really helpful:
- The main downside is the speed of the Seekers. They aren’t fast. They can be destroyed if enemy players spot it in time.
- To get around this, you need to use it in close proximity.
- While seekers do find enemies for you, it’s best to use them a different way. Throw them out when you know where the enemies are. That way you’re focused on following up, not on using them to find enemies.
- Use it proactively and follow the seekers up. If they hit the player then the disorientation works in your favor while you attack. If they destroy it, that gives you an opening to attack them yourself.
- They cause a lot of chaos when you throw them out, so you can use them to get your team a bit of an advantage in a skirmish.
General Valorant Skye Tips and Tricks
That’s what you need to know about Skye’s abilities in-game. But how exactly do you play this Agent? These are some tips for her general role:
- Skye’s current role is something close to Breach.
- She is an initiator but has a lot of kit that helps in establishing a push forward. You can use most of her abilities to push forward into enemies and cause confusion.
- The healing effect means she needs to be towards the back to stay alive. After a skirmish that brief heal is a particularly important thing.
- Good Agents to run with Skye are Phoenix, Reyna, Cypher, and Omen. Omen can help out with the vision denying capabilities, Cypher works as a sentinel to help scout out your initiating. The others are great for following up her attacks.
Skye is a pretty unique agent. She has some of the best flashes in the game but has a decent heal too. Skye might be an aggressive Agent, but one that really requires decent map knowledge. if you’re looking to improve playing as Skye then our guides to maps and mechanics in Valorant can help you out there.
- Valorant Split Map Guide
- Haven Guide – Valorant Maps
- Valorant Bind Map Guide
- Ascent Valorant Map
- How to Improve Your Aim in Valorant
- Best Valorant Settings